EA - I Hope Vulgar Toxic Players Will Be Dealt With!

by xpl0its

Original Post

Re: EA - I Hope Vulgar Toxic Players Will Be Dealt With!

★★★★★ Guide
@yourektbro this is not about people just saying someone is bad, or sucks, but people that are being very vulgar and abusive towards others...
Message 21 of 29 (288 Views)

★ Guide

i remember one of my very first matches when i started around day 5 or 6 of release, i picked some guys main he proceeded to tell me to all types of wonderful things racial slurs you name it buddy was admit to let me know all about it! i didnt understand much of the game at this point, i had only played a hand full of matches .... then he hot drops and died within 5 seconds and proceeded to tell me how it was my fault he got shot i was "insert lots of stuff here " as i was just starting to arm myself, then even come back to his rescue.... i made it within 50 meters of him couldnt stand listening to him anymore so i just left the game i didnt play again for several days till i could figure out that you can turn voip into text! the fact the game is free is awesome ... the level of toxic players, botters, esp, togglers, etc etc etc coupled with server performance.. still has me reluctant to play much anymore

Message 22 of 29 (279 Views)

★ Guide

I'm an adult. And with that comes a special privilege of saying whatever I want, within reason. But ask yourself this, would you let your kid go into a crackhouse? Of course you wouldn't, so maybe you should have the same mentality with the hobbies they have.

Or, and this is just  suggestion.

How about you sit with them while they play the game with the volume up on the TV? Ohh wait, your too busy right? How about showing them how to "mute whole squad" before game starts? Ohh I'm sorry, we're back to you being busy. Ok, how about creating a chatroom (on xbox one) with them being the only person in it, then starting the game. This essentially mutes the entire squad. Ohhh damn, that's right, your too busy for that too.. 

I'm sorry, I forgot that it's our job to raise your children for you..

Fact is people get frustrated, and given we're adults, we have the right to vent that frustration. 

Besides, if you are worried that your child is hearing vulgarity and abusive language, you may want to clear your day and listen to what they say. I have heard 11 year olds with the mouth of truck drivers. 

Message 23 of 29 (265 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Let's be honest here. Video games are highly addictive. We all know that addiction is linked to destructive and anti-social behaviour.

It's a very bad situation. But people allow themselves to be fooled. That's not okay when it's only adults. But when you mix adults and kids together in that situation it's a disgrace.

Message 24 of 29 (251 Views)

★★ Pro

how do I mute during match?

Message 25 of 29 (242 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RichAC 

Either press "F" at the Legend Selection screen. Or, go into inventory and squad tab and mute by clicking the volume icon.

Message 26 of 29 (238 Views)

★★ Pro

@warslag wrote:

@RichAC 

Either press "F" at the Legend Selection screen. Or, go into inventory and squad tab and mute by clicking the volume icon.

ohh inventory doh! ty.

Message 27 of 29 (232 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The POST is going OFF TOPIC!

The post is only about one thing, hoping that EA has a good policy in place that will not put up with abuse.

P.S. I mentioned this before, it's my understanding that Muting playes does not prevent them from text messages...

Message 28 of 29 (217 Views)

★★★ Guide

@yourektbro 

It is devs fault, but if you telling anyone they are a noob, it is your fault then.

Message 29 of 29 (213 Views)