Re: EA - I Hope Vulgar Toxic Players Will Be Dealt With!

by gg123xyz

Original Post

EA - I Hope Vulgar Toxic Players Will Be Dealt With!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hello,

I hope the EA staff will see this post.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, and I didn't post this in "Feedback" because this is not about giving you any Feedback since you have a reporting system in place.

I just want to know that "Vulgar Toxic" people are going to be dealt with!

For adults that are suppose to have the mental capacity to handle such situations is one thing, children another, but there are certainly young people wiser and more mature than adults, but regardless, most children or pre teen and teenagers typically don't have the mental maturity.

I know I don't need to tell you EA, but there are children that are playing this game and Toxic players, especially those that are vulgar in various ways need to be dealt with!

I feel sorry for anyone that has a small child that wants to play this game and runs into these Vulgar Toxic players and starts bashing on these children!

Hey, age shouldn't be what this is all about, at any age, towards anyone, being Vulgar Toxic is just not acceptable! But adults need to protect the young!

To be honest, when I started playing this game, it never once came across my mind about Toxic players, I just felt like this was not going to be some Counter Strike community of bashing, but it certainly has been turning out that way!

If I had to throw out some figures, to be honest again, it almost seems like pretty close to 50% of the time  I play matches with different players, I constantly run into someone being vulgar and bashing another player!

I want to have fun, I want to enjoy the game, but I'm really starting to get sick of this!

I hope in time, and real fast, EA will come up with a way to keep this a fun and enjoyable gaming community, because I'm not feeling much community at all in this game! SAD!

Bullying, bashing, being abused verbally or physically, even though this is Cyber Space should not be tolerated, just like it is not tolerated in Societies around the World!

There are going to be people of all walks of life and ages that will not be able to handle the mental stress of these situations like this and will crack in time, and a company like EA, if you continue to allow it, you aren't the "Sole Contributor", but do realize one very important aspect and please never foget it, you do end up becoming a Contributor, a part of the problem in this problem of abuse, with this "Gaming Platform", if you don't find a way to deal with it.

Message 1 of 29 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

"Bullying, bashing, being abused verbally or physically, even though this is Cyber Space should not be tolerated, just like it is not tolerated in Societies around the World!"

I definitely agree with that!

EA and EAC are both members of the Fair Play Alliance, but Kotaku wrote an article where we learnt that EA distributed documents, flowcharts and guidelines to deal with harassment to their Community Managers ONLY mid-March 2019.

This is crazy! They released a Battle Royale game in 2019 (February) without a proper player interactions management and monitoring system. They DO need to fix this ASAP.

Message 2 of 29 (699 Views)

★★ Guide
What are they to do besides create a reporting system for this?

I don't disagree with you or anything, toxic players are, well....toxic to the game environment. However there is a simple and easy fix for this: mute them.

You can tell fairly early when a teammate is going to be toxic or already is spooling up their tirade. Preemptively mute them.

As for smaller children encountering this. I am not a parent myself but I do have a niece and nephew and if/when they decide to play games I'm going to assume (and strongly suggest) that in game voice be completely turned off. This is the internet after all, and the most vile of behavior takes place here.

Until a decent system is implemented, this is my advice.
Message 3 of 29 (695 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah... I appreciate that they implemented the "mute all" feature recently.

Message 4 of 29 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i have my mic audio set to speech to text so what they say on mic is written down, so far so good only a few you dummy remarks and a few cuss words nothing to make me cry tho Wink

Untitled.jpg

Message 5 of 29 (664 Views)

★★★ Guide

My game is in French and all the accessibility features are unavailable. I can't even call the "Select Datacenter" trick... This sucks.

Message 6 of 29 (652 Views)

★★ Guide

Been playing since day 2, only encountered two toxic players, and they were actually French.

Toxic players are the least of this games problems. 

Message 7 of 29 (638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Bowi_QCDatacenter trick, what is this?

@unferth, Cheating might be a bigger issue, in the fact that there might be more people doing it, but abuse in any form should be of major concern. with high priority too, and dealt with extreme prejudice!

@VPPTrue We might be able to Mute players, but you can still text each other...

Message 8 of 29 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

I agree to a certain extent. Yes, children play this game and toxic players suck. I enjoy grinding games out and destroying other teams. I also get a bit toxic at times, but it does depend how the toxicity is presented.Mine is more humorous than anything. But never towards random tmates.

I also have a son who games as well. As a parent, you need to explain to your kids that people get toxic, even for the littlest thing. He's 11 and understands that it's just a game and what other people say is not worth worrying about whatsoever cause...it's just a game and you don't know these people personally. He can mute the player or simply just laugh about it cause he feels that he's more mature than the "toxic dude"

Parents need to do their jobs and gamers need to grow up(stop the toxicity or stop whining about it).
If someone "will not be able to handle the mental stress of these situations like this and will crack in time" then they should choose a game that is less mature. That's why they have movies ratings, to protect children and "sensitive" people.
Player-base would drop significantly if EA goes the R6 route

My2cents...

Message 9 of 29 (616 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I play 100% with mute on, pings are good enough.
Message 10 of 29 (613 Views)