[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Is EA.desktop worka with MAC ?

Message 1 of 16 (12,273 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA desktop

EA DICE Team

@energy95 @tyczka_junior 

Thanks for your interest in the EA Desktop Beta!

At this time, we're still working on a platform for Mac users. Stay tuned for further updates :-)

View in thread

Message 3 of 16 (12,203 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
@tyczka_junior no, PC atm
Message 2 of 16 (12,254 Views)

EA DICE Team

@energy95 @tyczka_junior 

Thanks for your interest in the EA Desktop Beta!

At this time, we're still working on a platform for Mac users. Stay tuned for further updates :-)

Message 3 of 16 (12,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a questions about EA Desktop.

Will EA Desktop be more friendlier to offline gamers than origin? My problem with Origin is that I like to play games offline a lot (due to my spotty/slow internet) however, Origin has given me problems with playing games offline. Sometime Origin won't launch; sometimes when I try to login to origin offline it loads briefly but puts me back to the login tab instead of launching origin (It just repeats itself).

Or if I do get it to launch, then when I go to play a game (i.e battlefront 2) It says you need to active your game (which I should have already done when I installed it), but it then requires a email and password online activation tab. This is why I like to play on other platforms like Steam or GOG because they are better to play games offline.

I'm hoping EA Desktop will not have these problems as Origin does for I would like to play EA single player games like Jedi Fallen Order, but I don't want to get it if I still have problems with online login required for offline mode? Please if EA Desktop is still in Beta, could you solve this issue so that EA Desktop could be more friendlier to offline gamers. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Purity_Crusader

Message 4 of 16 (12,187 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also came here looking for EA desktop for Mac. But, I see that many of the EA games incl. EA Play is now also available on Steam. albeit Windows only versions. Please add the macOS versions of the games to Steam as well. It would be cool to be able to subscribe to EA Play through Steam, along with all my other macOS games and subscriptions that I have through Steam.

Also, EA Play is available to macOS users, right?

Any news on releasing NFS HEAT for macOS?  

Message 5 of 16 (12,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Purity_Crusader 

Thanks for trying the EA Desktop Beta!

Offline play isn't available in the Beta right now, but we're aware of the requests.

"Will EA Desktop be more friendlier to offline gamers than Origin?" is tricky to answer. Yes, Origin supports offline play, and that feature is working as intended. If it sometimes doesn't work for you, then next time you run into issues we'd have to check with you why it isn't working.

What I'll do for now is make a note if we can clarify how offline play works, should the feature be available in EA Desktop.

@thedavidventer 

At this time, EA Play is only available for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

Message 6 of 16 (12,041 Views)

Is the new EA app only for PC or can Mac play too?

★ Novice

I am reading away about the new EA app beta version, but everything I see is about PC - does that mean Mac players too? Or no?

Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 16 (11,892 Views)

Re: Is the new EA app only for PC or can Mac play too?

@niknwayne  There will be a Mac version at some point, but the beta is Windows-only.  I'm sure when the Mac version is ready, there will be a notification in Origin about it, and you can keep an eye on this forum too:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Desktop/ct-p/ea-desktop-en

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 16 (11,874 Views)

Re: Is the new EA app only for PC or can Mac play too?

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Thank you so much for your reply.  I will keep my eye out for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to answer Standard smile

Message 9 of 16 (11,858 Views)

EA Desktop for Mac OS

★ Novice

Hi there, when will the EA Desktop beta for MacOS (Catalina / Big Sur) be available?

Will EA Desktop replace Origin? and will Origin continue to work until a Mac Desktop App is released?

Thanks

Message 10 of 16 (11,909 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help