Re: EA Desktop Display Name.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Desktop Display Name.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Now I'm not saying the username prohibiting is stupid, but oh my god, it's god awful.
I've been trying to change my display name on EA Desktop  for almost an hour now, to literally no avail, could there have been at least more feedback on WHY the name is not allowed, this is profound, and I'm not so much trying to get it fixed but more proposing a question:
Why is it this hard to change my name?
In the attached image is me changing a name i had for like 4-5 years, to changing the number at the end from 5-6.
Prohibited characters.
I've stopped caring at this point.
and who knows maybe I got blacklisted for some reason, or I'm just cursed.
Image won't open without downloading it for some reason :/

Message 1 of 5 (1,473 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, if a username is not being accepted then you will need to try a different name till you find one that is accepted.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,362 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

At first I was thinking that this is another instance of the Scunthorpe Problem but apparently not since I can't even see where the filtering system is finding a naughty word.

Message 2 of 5 (1,448 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if a username is not being accepted then you will need to try a different name till you find one that is accepted.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (1,363 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko No, this is *! Change your stupid freaking system! I can use my name literally EVERYWHERE else! EA is garbage!
Message 4 of 5 (923 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @OldManSeeks when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

If your name is not accepted then you will need to use another one.

I'm going to lock this thread now.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (859 Views)