Re: EA CEO committed to releasing unfinished games

by Ironhead841

Original Post

EA CEO committed to releasing unfinished games

★★★★★ Expert

Anybody angry or upset with the state of BF2042 or the money they spent on a broken game better read this interview with EA CEO a few years back when we had the Anthem game melt down...

Keys words like "live-services" and ”soft launches" already employed back then, so don't say you were not warned.

When observing the total disaster of BF2042 and it's current state with just 2% of all players around now since launch, then the main question is:

Will EA/DICE learn faster or not than the buying customers for the next time around? 

https://segmentnext.com/ea-ceo-andrew-wilson-committed-to-releasing-unfinished-games-despite-anthems...

(October 2020)

Message 1 of 11 (1,115 Views)

Champion

@CyberDyme wrote:

Anybody angry or upset with the state of BF2042 or the money they spent on a broken game better read this interview with EA CEO a few years back when we had the Anthem game melt down...

Keys words like "live-services" and ”soft launches" already employed back then, so don't say you were not warned.

When observing the total disaster of BF2042 and it's current state with just 2% of all players around now since launch, then the main question is:

Will EA/DICE learn faster or not than the buying customers for the next time around? 

https://segmentnext.com/ea-ceo-andrew-wilson-committed-to-releasing-unfinished-games-despite-anthems...

(October 2020)

Man, I hope so, you would think your primary focus would be to keep your customer base happy and engaged.

Without that if (or as in this current offering BF2042 when you don't listen) the result is no customer base therefore no future revenue stream.

I know a lot of people will accept whatever is published with a "Battlefield" sticker stuck on it but for me, I can see this as the end of BF franchise if this trend continues.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 11 (1,098 Views)

★ Pro

Google IGN and Overall Game of the Year 2002.  

"ultimately I chose Battlefield 1942 as the Overall Game of the Year. Sure, it's got its share of problems and bugs, but no other game this year had half-a-dozen IGN editors up until 5am playing. Infantry, tanks, planes, battleships, submarines...this game has it all. And since you're playing against real-life human players, it also adds that element of "what the %*&$ did that guy just do" that you don't get with AI."

Message 3 of 11 (1,047 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I always had a different understand of what a live service game was apparently.

Imagine if the car industry or movie industry got wind that you could release unfinished products

Message 4 of 11 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@CyberDyme On the brightside, they totally killed battlefield, the next release will see a huge decline in pre orders
Message 5 of 11 (983 Views)

★★ Expert
@Flavin913 I really believe they counted all the EA play and EA play pro subscriptions as pre-ordered and sold copies of the game. I guess the actual sales numbers are much lower.
Message 6 of 11 (960 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Flavin913 who in their right mind is going to pre-order anything from EA or DICE after this debacle? This is one of the worst game launches of a AAA title ever. Now EA has Star Wars Battlefront 2, Anthem, and BF2042 to show how not to launch a game.
Message 7 of 11 (945 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Adamonic and Mass Effect Andromeda.
Message 8 of 11 (901 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Adamonic And bugs aside. The games just arent fun at launch.

Starwars toke 3 years to be fun.
Personally I loved BF1 and BFV and launch though, anthem was lootershooter nightmare but fun.
Message 9 of 11 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Flavin913 wrote:
@AdamonicAnd bugs aside. The games just arent fun at launch.

Good key observation that you make there @Flavin913  !

Paying customers/players are OK with bugs, as long as the foundational gameplay is fun and rewarding to spend time with.

And that essentially explains the drop of players from BF2042, because it is simply not delivering on the fun-factor.

If it was, then players would still keep coming back for more.

Message 10 of 11 (836 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help