EA Account & Xbox Gamertag issues

by WolvenFury

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Account & Xbox Gamertag issues

★★★ Newbie

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this. I just got off the chat with EA Support and I am in a Catch 22. It seems I have two EA accounts. One that I use to purchase games on my PC, is linked to my PSN account and is the one that current with all my info. However, my Xbox Gamertag is associated with an EA account with an old email address that is no longer valid. I have no recollection of this account and can only assume it was created when playing a Tiger Woods game on my Xbox 360. I can't use the "reset password" option because the old email address no longer exists. I finally was able to sign into the account using the Xbox login option from https://help.ea.com. According to the account page, this account has been a member since 10/06/2020 (aka today, the day I first signed into it), even though the connected accounts listed are my XBox 360 and Xbox One. If I try to change/update ANYTHING on the page, including the associated email address, it says it will send a verification code to the old, invalid email address. The account itself has no phone number listed, no credit card information listed and no games listed on the Origin site. Several pages on the Origin site even give me errors when signed in with this account (404 errors).

I contacted EA support and spoke with two different reps about transferring or disassociating the Gamertag with this account. Both asked for identifying information: "IP address, date of birth mentioned into your same EA account which you want to recover, 2 specific game names from the account along with their purchase dates, phone number(if linked), last 4 digits of your credit card(if linked)". I gave my current IP, DOB, and explained that I had no clue what games, if any, were associated with this account, let alone when they were purchased, and that there was no phone number or credit card linked to the account in question. They then both replied that they "checked and tried to match the information from the information which you provided however we are unable to verify the account ownership with the information at this moment" and that "If you need some time to look out for the information you must have put into your EA account then I can leave the case open for you and you can reach us back whenever you have all the details mentioned in your account." Of course, they can't tell me which information is incorrect (I'm in IT, I get that). I asked if there was someone else I could talk to and they pretty much said that they were the keepers of all thing regarding EA accounts.

At this point I really don't care about transferring any data over from the old account. All I'd like to do is get my Xbox Gamertag associated with my current EA account and delete the old one or, at the very least, disassociate my Xbox Gamertag from the old account so I can assign it to my current one. Has anyone run into a similar situation, were you able to get it resolved and, if so, how did you manage to do it? Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (320 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Account & Xbox Gamertag issues

Community Manager

Hey @WolvenFury for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (300 Views)

All Replies

Re: EA Account & Xbox Gamertag issues

Community Manager

Hey @WolvenFury for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (301 Views)