Dwindling Apex Packs with more Level Progression

by Jedi_At1n

Original Post

Dwindling Apex Packs with more Level Progression

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I hope this gains some ground because I truly love this game but this issue really bothers me and I know it bothers others.

As players level up, we see that they go from getting an Apex pack every level to getting one every other level then eventually every 5 levels. And what happens at 100? No packs whatsoever.

This seems so poorly planned out, like getting to a higher level is a punishment. Playing the game a lot and investing time into it nets veteran players less and less packs as time goes on. If you want people to get up to high levels and continue playing this wonderful game, why make this system? Give players a pack every level or every other level throughout the entire process. Or maybe give lower levels a pack every other level or 3rd level and then ramp it up to more packs every level as you get higher. This would cause players to want to keep playing to get more packs.

With the system as it, it is punishing veteran players and seems to be trying to steer players towards buying Apex packs with money. That is a really bad idea, as we've seen with other games putting in invasive microtransactions and or poor loot systems. Dont let this go by the wayside and please address the problem Respawn. I really do love this game and want to see it flourish even more.

Message 1 of 27 (3,656 Views)

Re: Dwindling Apex Packs with more Level Progression

★★ Novice

It seems as though this is done to encourage players who are deeply engaged in the game to purchase more lootboxes when they want something neat for themselves. By giving out lootboxes in large amounts on earlier levels some players get hooked on opening them and crave more. It's a smart move on their part in regards to profits, but I agree that there should be more free lootboxes given out as you progress into the higher levels. Hopefully the "battlepass" provides more content that doesn't need to be paid for. 

Message 2 of 27 (3,508 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah i am going to stop playing the game. The more i grind the less i gain. Right now i am 45 lvl and i have enough materials to get 1 skin. Honestly if the game does not value my time i don't see why should i play this over something else. I would love to spend money on it as long as i am not forced to do so and as long as i can unlock quite a few things while playing.

Message 3 of 27 (3,498 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I am mad because a free game makes me pay to play dress up everything should be free this is not fair 

this is your argument think about it and  I would like a reply telling me what you really should be mad about

Message 4 of 27 (3,494 Views)

★ Novice

Maybe, but from what I know the Battle Pass is suppose to be paid for

Message 5 of 27 (3,452 Views)

★★ Guide
Why be cheap... game gives enough free and no 60 dollar entry price. I will be first to bash greedy model but charging for skins is quite fine, it would be fine if they gave no free skins... the csgo skins give for free 99% of the time are garbage they at least give you good ones
Message 6 of 27 (3,392 Views)

★★★ Guide
You're offered a free game of great quality.
You're rewarded free items for playing.
And you demand more?

Silly you.
Message 7 of 27 (3,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

First of all why are you being a *, second they are not mad because of getting free stuff. They are mad because the dev's are essentially saying that veteran players are basically punished by getting less and less rewards for playing more and more. You obviously read the response wrong and paid poor attention to the post. The dev's shouldn't be reducing the amount of free packs you get as you play the game more, its entirely counter intuitive 

Message 8 of 27 (3,346 Views)

★ Novice

The quality of this game is amazing, there is no denying that and yeah its free to play. Awesome. Great. Perfect. But if you want people to continue to play you have to give them a reason to play and giving less and less free packs the more a person plays makes no real discernible sense. Asking for a change to be made is not really demanding all that much. This is especially true because if you play all the way to 100, you no longer get any packs whatsoever. That means that at the end of leveling, you are only guaranteed ONE legendary with the lootbox system. If that does not make you mad, then you're looking at the model wrong or you do not care 

Message 9 of 27 (3,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THIS IS EA WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. WHAT D

O YOU EXPECT?!

Message 10 of 27 (3,154 Views)