Duplicate orders due to error during Payment Processing

by PH-TianSolo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Duplicate orders due to error during Payment Processing

★★★ Novice

Origin is still processing my first order that eventually had error in processing but has already charged my bank account.

This got duplicated because there was an issue during the processing of payment.

Who or where can I dispute this? No one is available on Live Chat, screen is just showing a loading icon.Thanks

Message 1 of 27 (941 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Duplicate orders due to error during Payment Processing

Community Manager

Hey @PH-TianSolo, for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 20 of 27 (813 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Also, how long is this thing gonna sit here? Its been on that status for 4 hours now. I got billed too just because of some payment bug. 

I only wanted to buy once, but since there was an issue during the transaction.. after I retried, the first failed transaction charged my bank account and there are no options to cancel it. Shame. 

Message 2 of 27 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @PH-TianSolo 

Im sorry but we have no way of dealing with account issues such as this, only an EA adviser can look into this for you I’m afraid.

Contact options and times may vary but just keep trying and you should get through to an adviser, they should be able to sort this out for you.

You can contact an EA adviser here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 3 of 27 (912 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alright, I guess I'll just wait for someone to check my case. Thank you!

Message 4 of 27 (905 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@PH-TianSolo
No problem, hopefully this gets fixed up for you asap!
Message 5 of 27 (874 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @PH-TianSolo the initial charge was most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 27 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay, I get it. 

Also, upon checking my orders today.. it is still being processed. Is there any way to cancel it?

It was an unintentional purchase because of the transaction issue that happened.

The case I raised got 'resolved' too but no feedback to whoever was assigned on that case.(see attachment)

Thanks, @EA_Darko

Message 7 of 27 (777 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @PH-TianSolo, if it is showing as resolved then it means that an agent would have emailed you in relation to the case. Can you check your email for a response from the team?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 27 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko,

I check my emails regularly. Ever since the case got resolved, I did not received any email. And as of checking earlier including the 'Important' and 'Spam', there were still no email that the case got resolved or how it was resolved.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 27 (758 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping post..

Message 10 of 27 (734 Views)