Re: Dumb things we or our teammates have done (wk 6)

by ajharris21

Original Post

Dumb things we or our teammates have done (wk 6)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Well if @asukojo can have his weekly bp/ranked thread I’ll do this one.

So just as the title states, what has a teammate or you done that was dumb/stupid/noobish act of treason against the sanctity of teamwork in bloodshed of the enemy?

well I just finished a match... almost every squad was fighting each other. We were near the ridge pass above where you can either go left or right (right side has the zipline access). We go left to try and flank one team. What does my teammate do... try and shoot from 100m away, throws her bangalore ult which isn’t near the enemies and throws a throwable while I try to get closer... bear in mind that there is almost no cover in that pass and everyone’s on high alert... so I get shot at by 2 ppl from 2 squads, I scramble up the pass again and up the mountain just to heal. Suddenly another enemy is below us and haven’t seen us.

A good thinker would let them pass so we can flank them. My teammate? Starts shooting at them... I throw caustic ult... almost kill one while that shooting dipstick of a teammate goes down and suddenly my screen freezes and I scream ‘AGAIN?!’ come to find out... nope, not an apex freeze but a darn xbox update... xD weird twist huh

Message 1 of 25 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Koochi-QHey look enemy squad.. Never mind the fact that I just saw them fly in with their special sky trail thing.. Nope that's definitely not the champion squad that's at least 2 predators.. Nah I can take them 1vs3 with a havoc that has hardly any attachments.. Yeah this is a good idea... Oh darn, that was a predator.. I don't think I hit them once.. Now on the flip side, I did squad wipe a squad of streamers.. I was tempted to send them a screen shot of my .38 KDR... 

During the fright or fight event.. Ship is landing outside of bunker. I'm caustic and I've been helping protect a wattson in bunker the entire game. I open the door to throw my ult at the bottom of the ship and clear the way. Right as I throw it Wattson closes the door.. Caustic ult bounces off the door and lands in behind us inside of bunker.

Another fight or fright.. Me and a different wattson are camping bunker again.. I accidentally throw down a caustic trap in the one door room we were are sitting it.. Wattson can't get out of the room and panics. I throw down meds. he/she barely survives. I feel so bad I go outside of bunker to find more meds for the Wattson. Only to be shot at killed by a now overly defensive wattson when I returned with meds.

Another Fright or Fight.. I'm a shadow I run up to a legend. I teabag thinking hey if he teabags I'll have him follow me. Show him good hiding places and how to run to the ship.. He starts following me and another shadow comes and kills him. 

Hey I just knocked 2 from a squad. I get overly excited that I'm going to get a squad wipe.. Run into battle forgetting to reload my guns and become a casualty of that fight. 

Then there is the good old, dropping the gun you did not want to replace and ending up with 2 guns you only sort of want, while losing the 1 gun you really prefer and really want.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 25 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

A long time ago now, our squad engages another, me and my other teammate manage to both get knock and killed before our 3rd member arrives. Team member 3 manages to kill all members of the opposing team, all already badly wounded, grab our banners and get to the respawn point. Once respawned we were a little distance away from our deathboxs but I decide, In my great wisdom, that my havoc with turbocharger is too good to give up. I run back to my box, start grabbing my stuff as the ring hits me. As I get knocked and realise my mistake, I hear team member 3 say on the microphone to leave that idiot. They went on to win the game. 

Message 3 of 25 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I did a lot dumb things back then, and still until now Standard smile 

Message 4 of 25 (525 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q 

Well... i'm sure you can recall that recent clip I had up on reddit a few days ago.

That.

Message 5 of 25 (514 Views)

★★ Expert

Just this week? Easy, I was punched off a building by my own teammate and got knocked by the enemy. 

I got my revenge when I saw a squad next to him but they hadn't noticed him, so I threw some smoke right where he was to help the enemies find him easier Large smile

Message 6 of 25 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Rather than someTHING dumb, it was just the entire manner of which this dude played which was just awful. In 736 hours, somehow, someway, this guy was quite literally the worst teammate I had EVER gotten.

We hot drop, and I get two kills, and this guy just goes down immediately without damaging anyone. I ping health and ammo, etc. etc, but we start getting chased by dudes with purple bodyshields. Neither of us have sufficient ammo, so we run, and he tells me that he's just gonna keep running. That's pretty smart. Except here's the kicker. 

This guy has no eyes. At all. I ping everything ENDLESSLY, if I see something I think you need, I'll ping it, that's just how I play. This guy ignored every single ping, and with a super passive-aggressive tone of voice said, "I can't help you I don't have anything, you haven't been pinging anything, and I don't see the enemy. If I don't see them I'll just keep running." Except with this new update I get to see what ammo you need, meaning I've been pinging the same types of ammo. Quite literally 2 minutes before this I ping heavy ammo for him, AND HE PICKS IT UP.

ON TOP OF THAT, HE STILL HAS NO EYES. Quite literally every time I went to fight someone, I PINGED IT. Every time I pinged an enemy, he'd go, "Where are they, I don't see them, can you ping them for me?" So I did. (BTW, still in that super passive-aggressive tone of voice.) Every single time if there wasn't someone right underneath that ping marker, he'd go, "Well I don't see them so I'm gonna keep running." 

At the very end of the game, 2 squads left to kill, I spot a solo player through the door of a building we're camping out in. You can't ping through doors, so I ping there's an enemy. Verbatim, word for word he goes, "Oh you see someone? Can you ping them for me?" in that same haughty, passive aggressive, "I'm better than you" tone of voice. So quickly I open the door, ping the guy, and close it. The enemy is quite literally about 12 paces ahead of us. I could've sprinted to the guy in 2 seconds tops. Guess what I'm met with? "I don't see him where is he?" I say whatever, I'll just kill them all myself. I kill the guy I ping, and the last enemy squad jumps on us. This guy runs out AS CAUSTIC against TWO ENEMIES ARMED WITH MASTIFFS and gets knocked almost instantly. This guy spent the entire game essentially talking down to me, and at the very last 2v2 situation, completely throws the game. This guy ran out with an R99, hipfired a target quite literally he had hugged (OH YOU KNOW THE GUYS WITH THE MASTIFFS) and didn't hit the guy for more than 20 damage. I was shooting at the very same guy and knocked him with 180-ish damage. I was so mad that the banners had glitched out and I couldn't see the dudes name, I was absolutely going to report him for being quite literally the worst god-da-- teammate I've had in 736 hours of play. 

HEY GUY WHO'S NAME STARTS WITH AN R, GUY WHO WAS PLAYING CAUSTIC! IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I REALLY HOPE YOU GET AN EYE EXAM SOON BECAUSE NO AMOUNT OF YOUR TEAMMATES PINGING WILL EVER HELP WITH THE FACT THAT YOU SEEM LIKE YOU'RE LEGALLY BLIND. MAYBE DON'T PLAY GAMES IF YOU CAN'T SEE AND MAYBE DON'T BE A PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE CHILD TO SOMEONE WHO CARRIED YOU THE ENTIRE GAME, MR. 1 KNOCK 175 DAMAGE VS. YOUR TEAMMATE WHO HAS 9 KILLS.

Message 7 of 25 (492 Views)

★ Pro

Was down, had a rando empty two clips into an enemy... who was behind a door... opens door blasts rando on reload... good times 🤣

Message 8 of 25 (449 Views)

★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q Well, I'm playing Octane, and my wraith got knocked. I stim to the building (The right construction one in Capitol), skillfully (NOT LUCK) avoided the enemy shots, and then grabbed the banner. Keep in mind, I had half health, an RE-45, a P-2020 and half health. I stim again, to the tunnel going to train station, to get the loot crates. I am now on quarter health. The duo that were chasing me (Path+Lifeline) decide to zipline to me, to finish me off. I ready my RE-45 and decide I won't go down without a fight. The lifeline has no armor, so I laser her instantly with the RE-45, but the pathfinder tries to peacekeeper me. I reload as I dodge a shot, then laser him as I dodge another shot. I then realize I am out of bullets. I switch to my P-2020, hoping one bullet connects. I fire 5, none hitting, but my 6th saves me. So I do a celebratory teabag. I loot their deathboxes, then get shot by the 3rd partying squad who decided to check out the battle

Moral of the story? Always do a teabag, even if you die in the process.
Message 9 of 25 (428 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q Here's my latest solo queue horror story. Managed to get into top 3 with my team of randoms mostly because we only faced one or two teams along the way. Last circle was a tower like structure with ziplines leading up to it so I herd my teammates up to it and prepare to defend against the last two teams already firing at us from all angles. Had a charge rifle and plenty of ammo but no little shields so I kept peeking and doing a ton of damage to the enemies forcing them to waste as much meds as possible before I try to engage. Things was going great and one team was down to their last guy when my brave, bold and stunningly beautiful teammates with above average intelligence decided to rush the other fully kitted squad one by one and die miserably. I stayed and held my ground as long as possible until I can out of shields and got outnumbered after downing one of them in the process to end the game with nearly 3000 damage and only 3 kills, I * you not, that had to be my highest damage game that I could've won had my teammates not screwed up at the worst possible moment 😒
Message 10 of 25 (423 Views)