Re: Drifting a massive step back from Payback!

by H0lyb33r

Original Post

Drifting a massive step back from Payback!

★★★★★ Novice

What on earth is going on with the drifting?! What was the need to change this from the fun and enjoyable physics of Payback. So disappointed, I was expecting Need for Speed and instead ended up with The Crew (in terms of drifting).

Message 1 of 59 (1,330 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It is possible to get the old feeling back but that is depending on the car(s) you choose to setup for drift and once you are in the game, setup the 'live tuning' to your liking. Not sure what platform you play on, but on PC that would be the numpad 6 button. Try some different settings (especially changing from gas to brake helps a lot), your steering sensitivity and your downforce. And course having all the best parts you could get helps out tremendously. You will notice a lot of difference between pro and ultimate parts. 

Message 2 of 59 (1,299 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nothing wrong with the drift in this game. 

Choose the right parts, tune your car with the live setup and get some horsepower.

I easily get 3 stars with the Lancer X KS Edition (pre order bonus) with drift parts and 210 IP. 

Message 3 of 59 (1,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 4 of 59 (1,279 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@19NLX78 Im playing it on the PS4, i've changed the settings to breaks which hasnt made a huge difference to be honest. I appreciate what they are trying to do by giving us this "ultimate control" of how we want our cars to handle but there was nothing wrong with the drifting mechanics from Payback, it was such a fun game to play due to its drifting mechanics so why change it? i hope this issue is addressed soon as i love NFS and i dont want this experience to change that.
Message 5 of 59 (1,260 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@GUCCIxADIDAS Has there been any mention of drift assistant or any fix in relation to this?
Message 6 of 59 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't find the drift hard to handle.

when your car is drifting, you have to rapidly turn your wheel left to right (or right to left depending your corner ) while accelerating so your car keeps drifting. 

The angle is also a big criteria of how your car can maintain the drift. 

Seriously people, drift is not hard. You just have to know the basics of drift. 

Message 7 of 59 (1,212 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@H0lyb33r I dont think its the case of it being hard, its the fact that its not better than the drift physics in Payback. Thats how it should have stayed, made the game more enjoyable.
Message 8 of 59 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

To be honest (and its my opinion), drifting in payback was awful. with HEAT, I feel that i can control my car and it feels much more responsive and more precise. 

Drift in Payback was much more like Burnout. It's ok in Burnout Paradise but not in NFS. 

Message 9 of 59 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@H0lyb33r I agree that you have more control in heat in terms of how you want your car to handle, but this isnt always a good thing to incorporate in games like NFS. The crew did the exact same thing, they tried to give us control of how we wanted our cars to handle thats why it failed. NFS are trying the exact same thing with heat, although it is a lot better than the crew hands down! i dont think this should have been their approach. In regards to payback, i thought the drifting was extremely enjoyable, smooth and a hell of a lot fun! It was a winning formula that should not have been changed. Sometimes its better to keep things simple.
Message 10 of 59 (875 Views)