Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Suddenly Loads Slowly

by Shadowbane1213

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition Suddenly Loads Slowly

★★★ Newbie

It's been a few years since I last Played Dragon Age Inquisition. I never finished it, and I decided recently to jump back into it, but now it loads really slowly. It used to be that if I loaded it from my SDD the load times were nice and fast. Not anymore. Now it's really slow. Did some patch between the last time I played and now mess up the load times or something? Are there known fixes for this kind of problem?

Message 1 of 10 (450 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shadowbane1213, i tested just now and not seeing any issue with load times on my SSD. 

How long is it taking for the game to load for you? 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. I just timed it. It took me 1:20 to get to the main menu, and 2:13 to load into the game proper. It used to be that I barely had time to read any of the tip or lore cards displayed at the loading screen. Now I could probably read all three if I wanted to. Not sure if it matters, but since I last played I have upgraded my CPU from a Core i5 4690k to a Core i7 4790k, and my GPU from a GTX 980 Ti to a GTX 1080 Ti. At first I thought maybe my SSD was just wearing out or something (is that a thing with SSDs?), so since I was running low on space overall, I went and bought a bran new 1 TB drive today. 560/540 MB/s sequential Read/Write speeds. It still loads painfully slowly. I don't know what happened, but it's really frustrating. Thank you for any advice you might be able to provide.

Message 3 of 10 (435 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shadowbane1213 do you have any mods for the game installed, if so can you remove them and then try loading the game again? 

I loaded up there in about 12 seconds on my system. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No I have never used any mods, and I am not using any right now.

Message 5 of 10 (426 Views)

Community Manager

Let's grab a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system @Shadowbane1213https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow that's a lot of techno babble! Here's the report. Thank you very much.

Message 7 of 10 (397 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shadowbane1213 seeing some errors there so to start with the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Done. It says it found corrupt files and replaced them. Game still loads slowly. I've attached the log file from the SFC scan, as well as an updated dxdiag file. Not sure what else could be tried. I'll try restarting the computer and see if that does anything.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 9 of 10 (389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Restarting did not help.

Message 10 of 10 (385 Views)