Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Dragon Age 4 coming, what will happen to anthem?

by DanteYoda

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

@Xxiled wrote:

My question is this, even though Im a Dragon Age fan, does it really matter what Bioware will dump, yet again, in pre stage Alpha condition on the gaming community, given their recent track record of developing games that don't work?

My advice to you is, take a deep breath and wait and see....I for one, and done dumping 90 bucks on every disaster that Bioware pulls outta their butt....

Yep.  Pretty much this.

Message 21 of 26 (137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GillStyx wrote:

Anthem is the usurper here...If DA:4 took all it's devs and focused wholeheartedly on a good quality single player then that would be an absolute win imo. Won't happen but the idea is making me smirk like a witch of the wilds.

Yes it would, But with due respect to this game this is the best combat engine and world creation graphic wise I've seen from bioware, And before the fans get all I loved DA combat, I played them all, 1000's of hours and liked the combat not loved it, and that's personally, I really not into micro management of my squad. I did like the earlier iterations of the system where you could preset all your companions combat responses that was good but later games I just let then do what the wanted mostly.

Now thats out of the way I feel somewhat abandon in this game at the moment, I feel like this game is now just a test bed to perfect the model. And this is just a personal feeling it is not an indepth analysis and I very much hope I am wrong, I have a habit for that being wrong. But it does not rid me of the feeling. What i'm getting at is that this combat engine in ME or DA would not be a stretch the Base classes are there, mage,rogue,tank and ranger now add a massive and quality story with actual proper decision with consequences as one up till now would have expected from a bioware title and you would have a winner. And please dont read too much into this I'm just saying it not a too big a stretch to consider.

Message 22 of 26 (117 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm currently at attempt 7 to login after leaving freeplay so I can claim the Lego I recieved.  It is getting difficult to love this game.

Finally.  Log in to Freeplay GM1.  Waiting the obligatory 2 minutes of download.  Success.  In Freeplay.  Now try to leave.

Crash.  FFS.

Error retrieving pilot data.  Yeah yeah.  Every time.

Try again.

Crash. Try again.

Logged in.  Trying to enter Freeplay again. Starting expedition.

Ok try to leave to claim my gear.  I figure I'll have as much luck as lost luggage at the airport.

Crash.

Ok now I sympathize with Tim McVey.  Does Bioware have their own building?

I'm now at 10 tries.

Christ I give up.  Any EA peons patrolling the forums?  * you EA.  Take that back to your Devs.  Do you like sex and travel?  Then saddle up and f_u_c_k_off.

Message 23 of 26 (95 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nachtrafe wrote:

@Xxiled wrote:

My question is this, even though Im a Dragon Age fan, does it really matter what Bioware will dump, yet again, in pre stage Alpha condition on the gaming community, given their recent track record of developing games that don't work?

My advice to you is, take a deep breath and wait and see....I for one, and done dumping 90 bucks on every disaster that Bioware pulls outta their butt....

Yep.  Pretty much this.

The games industry would be in for a major issue if the players decided theyd had enough of this crap, and stopped preordering their * when it comes out because of their * buisness practices in the past lol
But that'll never happen, ppl need their IPs too much.

Message 24 of 26 (91 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

I'm currently at attempt 7 to login after leaving freeplay so I can claim the Lego I recieved.  It is getting difficult to love this game.

Finally.  Log in to Freeplay GM1.  Waiting the obligatory 2 minutes of download.  Success.  In Freeplay.  Now try to leave.

Crash.  FFS.

Error retrieving pilot data.  Yeah yeah.  Every time.

Try again.

Crash. Try again.

Logged in.  Trying to enter Freeplay again. Starting expedition.

Ok try to leave to claim my gear.  I figure I'll have as much luck as lost luggage at the airport.

Crash.

Ok now I sympathize with Tim McVey.  Does Bioware have their own building?

I'm now at 10 tries.

The only EA employee Ive seen post was to close the "unconstructive" thread announcing Amazon was issuing refunds. Never mind they dont seem to care about any OTHER unconstructive threads all over the place.

Message 25 of 26 (90 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@Niiiniiichan wrote:

Since dragon age 4 might have started the development, surely they will be pulling out anthem devs to work on it. So is athem in peril? Is there any point defending this game from the ongoing hate train?

Sorry but I'm starting to loose hope, unless somebody here can give us assurance that is specific and not a generic statement out of template. Stating that the studio is full force on this will be a blatant lie. We would like to know the specifics.

• How many devs are working on anthem?
  • How many QA's and testers?
  • What bugs are being fixed and how many people are working on it?
  • What new features are they working on and how many people are assigned to it?
  • What is their timeline?

This questions might have already been asked from previous topics or maybe on a third party website such as reddit, etc...  but maybe I just want a record for myself here in the official forum.

After Mass Effect 3, Andromeda, Dragon Age 2, Inquisition and Anthem there is no way in hell i will buy another Bioware game..

I don't care what they put in it i'm done with their SJW agendas and contentless games.

Message 26 of 26 (75 Views)
Twitter Stream