Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Dragon Age 4 coming, what will happen to anthem?

by Bloodydeath7646

Original Post

Dragon Age 4 coming, what will happen to anthem?

★★★★ Novice

Since dragon age 4 might have started the development, surely they will be pulling out anthem devs to work on it. So is athem in peril? Is there any point defending this game from the ongoing hate train?

Sorry but I'm starting to loose hope, unless somebody here can give us assurance that is specific and not a generic statement out of template. Stating that the studio is full force on this will be a blatant lie. We would like to know the specifics.

• How many devs are working on anthem?
  • How many QA's and testers?
  • What bugs are being fixed and how many people are working on it?
  • What new features are they working on and how many people are assigned to it?
  • What is their timeline?

This questions might have already been asked from previous topics or maybe on a third party website such as reddit, etc...  but maybe I just want a record for myself here in the official forum.

Message 1 of 26 (5,359 Views)

@Niiiniiichan wrote:

I just want a record for myself here in the official forum.

I can guarantee your questions will not be answered because I've never known such project management details to be shared by any game studio. Standard smile

We do know that Anthem is planned to be supported for many years.

We also know the next Dragon Age game is in development and I'm sure we'll hear more about that in the coming years also.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 26 (5,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So you want to know the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything. If I say 42 devs and testers are working on anthem, will you believe me? That's the only number you'll ever get. Wink

Anyway, here's what Michael Gamble said today:

Nothing has changed regarding our support of Anthem

Take it or leave it.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1113878959911866373

Message 3 of 26 (5,325 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

both bioware and ea don't know how to complete one project. what make you think dragon age 4 will be and different. EA laid off 350 people a few weeks ago. Bioware having troubles in their work place. sorry I wont buy from either of them anymore. anthem was it last chance.

Message 4 of 26 (5,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Who Cares!?! Dragon Age 4 is coming!! High five 

Message 5 of 26 (5,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The question asked and answered in the twitter link is about negative press and have nothing to do with dragon age 4.
If they indicate a specific number of devs and testers working on it and overtime you notice a sluggishness of updates then you can have something to go back to and then verify again. In the mean time that number will serve a psychological assurance for most players who have high hopes for this game like me.

@Darconos wrote:

So you want to know the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything. If I say 42 devs and testers are working on anthem, will you believe me? That's the only number you'll ever get. Wink

Anyway, here's what Michael Gamble said today:

Nothing has changed regarding our support of Anthem

Take it or leave it.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1113878959911866373

Message 6 of 26 (5,278 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Niiiniiichan wrote:

I just want a record for myself here in the official forum.

I can guarantee your questions will not be answered because I've never known such project management details to be shared by any game studio. Standard smile

That maybe true. But with this big of a mess they made they should be more open. Otherwise the anxiety and hate will never stop.

Message 7 of 26 (5,248 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure what will happen.  However, it was my understanding that Anthem was to be a live service game that would continually add new content.  It was also my understanding that Dragon Age 4 was already in some form of development phase before Anthem released.  So it was always planned, if I understand correctly, that Anthem and Dragon Age 4 would eventually be operating at the same time.  As such, I imagined that Anthem would continue to receive development and production support for the live service additions.

I imagine you are right that some may be shuffled over to develop and produce Dragon Age 4.  However, I think it is too soon to say whether or not that will spell doom for Anthem.

Even if it does, we'll at least get Acts 2 and 3, and I will have at least gotten my $60 out of Anthem, and then perhaps I'll be playing Dragon Age 4 Wink

Message 8 of 26 (5,232 Views)

@Niiiniiichan wrote:

That maybe true. But with this big of a mess they made they should be more open. Otherwise the anxiety and hate will never stop.

Sure. though the communication pre-launch was first rate, with literally hundreds of tweets with information.

Post-launch we've had blog-updates and more tweeting addressing bugs and what's coming up.

They're not going to publish their internal project plans for you. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 9 of 26 (5,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This thread is so reminiscent of  2016 Ubisoft-Massive and the whole Division launch mess. People were crying that The Division was going to be abandoned to work on the Avatar Game.  In reality we got 2 years of decent updates and a 3rd year of fun events (no extra cost) and then The Division 2. The core Massive team started building TD2 practically the day after Division 1 launched.

Message 10 of 26 (5,209 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help