Double Missile Builds?

by Reposter

Original Post

Double Missile Builds?

★★ Pro

Hi guys, just wondering what you think of Double Missile Builds, are they effective Currently?

I have experimented with Double Missile Builds with my TIE Fighter and the results were a bit disappointing. I like Repair Droids but feel a bit underwhelming sometimes in terms of Frags I get. So what is the ideal balance of Firepower and other Components, would appreciate experience players views and opinions. 

Message 1 of 8 (654 Views)

Re: Double Missile Builds?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I can see double missiles being super useful, TIE frames do love the repair though.

Is this dog fighting or Fleet battles? I feel like in fleet battles you want a torp, often a ion to take out capital ship shields before.

Meta is in flux at the moment, if you enjoy it you can make it work. M squad mate made the tractor beam work so enjoy the experimentation and have fun with it. 

Message 2 of 8 (648 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Reposter I'm interested to hear the differnet builds. Right now, for my X-wing and Tie-fighter I have two builds for both: Dogfight and Capital Ship Assault. For Dogfight I equip the ion missle. It's great for disabling fighters and if you're quick enough you can finish them off. For ships I use ion torpedo and ion missle since they are great for taking down shields and disabling in general.
Message 3 of 8 (644 Views)

★★ Pro
@Robbiesan11 I have only tried PVP Dogfight mode. I would not mind tips and tricks for Fleet Battles as well.
Message 4 of 8 (634 Views)

★★ Apprentice

In the squad I'm in, we use droids if there's no support ship and switch to double ordnance if there's support available. 

Message 5 of 8 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Reposterfirst thing is to watch some videos of the recent Operation Ace where some teams duked it out for Fleet Battle supremacy. Some names/channels that come to mind: EcksToo, Bombastic, Star Wars Explained. These are a couple of good teams who have developed good team roles and tactics. Otherwise, there should be a sticky thread for Fleet Battles Tips And Tricks (I'm going to request one now).

Message 6 of 8 (621 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have different setups for my main class (Interceptor) and I use double missile setups in maps with lot of open space like Yavin and Esseles (regardless of the game mode), where the stealth hull/jammer don't help much since you don't have places to hide, especially in Yavin where you are always visible even from a distance. I quite like it, but to be honest I never used the repair droid so I didn't feel like sacrificing anything vital to me for this build.

In Sissubo/Galidan I tend to go for missiles/mine, since the mine can come in handy when people chase you through debris/asteroids and you can drop a mine without the chaser seeing.

Sometimes I go with the jammer instead, but I always keep 1 type of missiles equipped, especially in fleet battles where you find yourself hammering capital ships too (not the flagship though, with interceptor I get vaporized before I get near).

Message 7 of 8 (594 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That's a very viable option. You just have to get hit less or get a heal every now and then from your support.

Message 8 of 8 (589 Views)