Don't run more than one Origin account on your Origin platform!

by Lamerak

Original Post

Don't run more than one Origin account on your Origin platform!

★★★ Newbie

Running different Origin accounts on same PC. Just a warning. I have been playing Mass Effect Andromeda on my PC. Our daughter opened up the Origin platform on my PC, but logged in using her own email address and password, and started playing Andromeda using the version of the game she bought. Because both of us had the option switched on to save games in the Cloud, her saved games have completely overwritten my own. 140 hours of gameplay saves lost. Now when I log into my own account, all I can see is her saves. Origin helpline has been good about this, but has confirmed that my save games are gone forever. Moral of the story is, don't share your Origin game platform with anyone, even if they log in using their own account name and password!

Message 1 of 5 (535 Views)

Re: Don't run more than one Origin account on your Origin platform!

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Lamerak

Hi there,

I'm sorry that we failed to provide you with a more prompt response - especially in the case of losing all your save games. That is a very unfortunate situation to be in! I do want to thank you for reaching out and letting us know so we can take a look at why this happened.

When switching accounts, did you get any prompts about overwriting data, or choosing to continue with local or Cloud data? As you mentioned, each account has its own Cloud Storage so it shouldn't be possible to overwrite the saves of another account.

There is also a Restore Save option that you can double-check via Origin -> right-click game portrait -> Game Properties -> Cloud Saves. Perhaps there still the opportunity to restore to an earlier save.

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 5 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Tom

No prompts or warnings for either our daughter or I when switching accounts. All came as a complete surprise to us both.

As for Cloud Saves ... at the time your EA colleagues looked into this and sadly had to confirm that all my own personal saves had gone forever.

On Steam of course there is an option for family to play games on one's own account, and this works absolutely fine. Is EA considering a similar service? Even if it means subscribers paying a premium it'd be worth doing that, rather than lose out as we have done.

kind regards

Lamerak

Message 3 of 5 (359 Views)

★ Pro

Sad to hear this happened. The indirect reason for this happening is cloud saves syncing with local saves. And if you both used the same windows user profile (with different origin logins) you got your local/cloud sync mixed up.

Solution to using multiple origin accounts on the same pc is, to also use separate windows user profiles (thus also having separate local save files).

Message 4 of 5 (355 Views)

★ Novice

getting an error that says i have double accounts but stupid thing is, I don't why is it saying this when I took off origin from my old computer and put it on my new computer?

Message 5 of 5 (180 Views)