Re: Don't play if you are brainless(rant)

by FamiIyStrokes

Original Post

Don't play if you are [removed] (rant)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

My last game: playing ranked(Platinum), trying to get back to diamond. We go up against the last squad. Pretty equal fight: i go down, one teammate goes down, two of the enemies as well. it's basically a 1v1 situation and somehow they both go down too. Then they start to self-res, my teammate(Caustic) has an advantage of like 2 seconds, only thing he has to do is to shoot the guy in front of him to win. But no, guess what? First he jumps, then he throws a gas trap randomly and gets shot in the end. Result: game lost because of a brainless guy. Seriously, if you lack of any common sense or simple logic, just don't play because you'll ruin the experience to the other players.

[CM - removing potentially offensive verbiage from title]

Message 1 of 20 (2,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Cro_Pittt Last 5 games in ranked Gold (dont play much) had 2 times teammates that did 0 dmg and we are 10 min into the game, or the times I got down and my teammate tried to kill me for like 30 sec. Or a teammates that loot your box right next to respawn beacon.
Message 2 of 20 (2,891 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I unfortunately can have these type of plays when I’m the last teammate alive. not everyone can handle panic situations well for example when it starts to get down to the last couple squads my hands start to shake and my anxiety sky rockets you only have mere moments to think up a strategy of what your going to do and how your going to execute it. Everyone has those “captain hindsight” moments “man if did (blank) then it wouldn’t of happened”. I’m sure he thought it was a bad play but nothing can be done but hope he can learn from it.

Message 3 of 20 (2,884 Views)

★★★ Pro

People aren't smart at all. I had a caustic in duos who was talking on the mic like he knew the game and was good but he was terrible and stole my kills.  When I was down because an enemy caustic put gas everywhere. My teammate caustic was so stupid, he was afraid to push the caustic inside the gas.

I tuned my mic on telling him I'll only say this once. You're a freaking caustic, you can push another caustic inside the gas. He dumbstrucken and blames me for pushing. Fool, dude was one shot because of me and you afraid to go into the gas and kill him.

SBMM puts the good players with the dumb ones. It how the system works. They have no common sense and it the reason why I don't like SBMM.

Plus, i go against the same exact people in duos and pubs. I went against the same duo pair a few times yesterday that were stacking duos because they were a 20 bomb 4k wraith/octane. Hard to deal with because SBMM and I get random dumb teammates.  

Message 4 of 20 (2,858 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I rarely play ranked because I'd never play ranked with randoms.

Reason is situations like this.

Message 5 of 20 (2,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@1ronKeys wrote:

I rarely play ranked because I'd never play ranked with randoms.

Reason is situations like this.

Same here.

However this season I was forced to start playing ranked more because playing pubs is so god awful in s4 They need to add abandonment penalty at this point in all game modes [pubs,LTM's and rank].

I'm constantly getting games in pubs that as soon as my teammates are downed they leave or they leave even before the clock wind down to jump even occurs. I've landed solo more in this season so far then any season. and it's ruining tthe experience for me.

Rank is no better either from my experience.

1. I'm running in to people that don't grab a sheild and rush into battle and die and then ping that they are downed. 

2. People that don't help you: when they decide to go into battle and you go to back them up then they take 50% damage, and go run and hide and don't help you or the team.

3. Leave you hanging: There right next to you one min looting right under you as soon as you and your team turns the corner, and there is an enemy team they go hide. And / or leave the area completely, most times they don't even attempt to pick up your banner or comeback for it. so your stuck watching them until the match is over, which they don't like I've noticed.

I don't know what happened this season did all the cry babies from not getting solo's make a reddit forum and decided to take the game hostage. This season is probably the worst of them all. Way less team play and more of getting the middle finger when playing with randoms.

Message 6 of 20 (2,786 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@RevenanT-G7 Yeah this bugs me a lot.

Some guy with white shields rushing to push 3 squads battling.

Had another annoying one last night in duos. Player seemed like an otherwise decent player, but...
Proceeded to zipline/grapple halfway across the map with PathFinder to then start pinging enemies and gets downed and crying down mic wher am i...

Well, mate, I'm still busy trying to sprint to where you are from where you just F'd off across the map with your zipgrapple and didn't wait/pay attention to where i am.

He was even gappling onto roofs inaccessible by other legends and pinging like go here come here enemy here.

Message 7 of 20 (2,688 Views)

★★★★ Guide

LMAO.

I had a game where our entire team went down in the last fight with one enemy left standing. Two of us had gold knockdown shields, and instead of shooting us who are down, he decides to do a finisher on the teammate without a gold knockdown, allowing us to both self res and eventually kill him.

I was laughing so hard because it should have been an easy win for them hahaha.

Message 8 of 20 (2,665 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@1ronKeys 

Yep, been there seen that plenty of times.

My favorite of all is the people who undercut your kills.

you been owning an enemy only for your teammate to come a cross and put 1 bullet in him and steal the kill. then at the summary screen thy're have 375 damage and 5 kills  while you're sitting at 800 damage and no kills.

Very infuriating.

Message 9 of 20 (2,622 Views)

★ Guide
@Cro_Pittt Ahhhh reading the comments.....Nothing quite like the teammate who completely unannounced charges the other team, gets dropped and then whines....They have never seen the attacking here quip on the ping menu. Or the solo jumper that gets instantly dropped and then pings their beacon....I have a nice dance for that beat now....
Message 10 of 20 (2,596 Views)