Don't give a rats about 'teammates' anymore. I'm done.

by SewerTierGamer

Original Post

Don't give a rats about 'teammates' anymore. I'm done.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Nah. I'm done.

'Teammates' don't comm - then blame you when they are downed.

'Teammates' jump in with one shots on kills you bust your [head] for - but ain't there when you actually need help, because they're too busy waiting to take that one shot kill.

'Teammates' do the above, then loot EVERYTHING useful.

'Teammates' do the above, then loot shields, leaving you ONE HIT as other teams come in, even though they have near full health and near full shields.

'Teammates' watch, as you go one to one, fists, with an enemy - then one shot at the VERY LAST SECOND, and do all of the above. (specific game tonight)

'Teammates' can't be bothered acting like teammates, then want you to bend over backwards to help them, and scream abuse when you don't.

'Teammates' scream abuse when you are one hit, with no ammo, for trying to get ammo and heal up, so you can help them!

We've BEGGED for solo mode, and people have puked on about how it's a 'team game'; it's NOT a team game. It hasn't been a team game for a long time. People are too selfish, toxic, and a myriad of words I can't use, for it to be a team game.

Well, no. I'm done. I turned on my mic tonight, and gave back what I was getting. And I am DONE with 'teammates'. They want my help, they can work for it.

Sorry all, rant over. I feel better now.

Message 1 of 12 (459 Views)

Re: Don't give a rats about 'teammates' anymore. I'm done.

★★★★ Guide

I am glad you got that out of your system.

I just had a pleasant experience in the game.  I was in AR and got my 10 harvesters and shotgun damage for my weekly. Winning or losing wasn't really on my mind.  I announced over my headset, "I am here for my dailies, I need to harvest and get shotgun damage.".  I went in as Ash and there was another Ash on the other team.  I was horrible but we went the maximum rounds and won the match.  We all patted each other on the back and that was it. No toxic words were exchanged no one cast blame on each other.  It was fun.  When your team can turn off the need to win, you will win even when you lose.

Good Game

Message 2 of 12 (442 Views)

★★★ Expert
@SewerTierGamer My anti-teammate rant would read differently - I guess I'm just not working at anything like your skill level. But yes, teammates aren't really teammates in this game. There are 57 guys you can shoot at and do damage, and two that you can't. Damage, I mean. That said, I treat them like kittens. You can't make them do what's best for you, or even what's best for them. All you can do is shake your head at their antics, mute them if they get ugly, and keep working toward your personal goal, whatever that may be.
Message 3 of 12 (435 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Matchmaking in Apex Legends is super bad.

Message 4 of 12 (429 Views)

★ Guide

I just wish, in this so called 'team game', that people would at least TRY to do what's best for the team.

I'm one of those Lobas that will make sure my team is loaded up in purple and gold as best I can, drop my shop in good spots for them, etc - what do I get back? Everything I mentioned.

MAYBE one game out of 100, I get a team who tries....

Skill level - man, my skill level is 'meh'; I just want to enjoy the game again Frown

Message 5 of 12 (425 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Popa2caps How could it be improved? Match making has been like this since the dawn of games such as Apex. It is not like you take a compatibility test. LoL

I think it might help, if you did some kind of optional profile survey.
Message 6 of 12 (409 Views)

★★★ Expert
@SewerTierGamer

"I just wish, in this so called 'team game', that people would at least TRY to do what's best for the team."

Just try to find two players in this game who will agree on what's best for the team. I dare you.
Message 7 of 12 (393 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Xubunnytwo 

Matchmaking isn't bad because of some algorithm​, but because Respawn's inability to ​say no to bad designs.

Fixing Apex Legends matchmaking starts by removing years of bad updates, weapons and/ or Legends. Apex Legends is ​​dumbed down to the point that people keep acting lazy​ and/ or ​naive because of these ​direct ​design flaws​.

What I'm saying is there was less of a chance to make the wrong choice, because there were less choices.​

If there were better weapons on drop, then magically people would say matchmaking got better, but most don't think of that and just blame the person next to them. I hope I stated my opinion correctly so that it can't be interpreted wrong.

Like if the 20-20 repeater, Bow, P2020, Mozambique​, Charge rifle and all of the rifle attachments​ become normal heavy and/ or light attachments again, people would have a direct better gameplay experience overnight, but nothing changed with matchmaking, the people just liked the game more, so they did better.

​But again, Respawn can't do that because it doesn't say anything it creates and/ or changes is bad, but just makes people deal with it.

Sure Apex Legends on launch was rough, but I still had great games, why? Because there was no chance to run into bad designed items (except for Caustic). So even though people died in the early days of Apex Legends, they still had a good time.​

Message 8 of 12 (359 Views)

★ Guide

'Just try to find two players in this game who will agree on what's best for the team. I dare you.'

Exactly my point.

Message 9 of 12 (299 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SewerTierGamer I think the problem is it is obvious that any game company making a team based game has to make sure you don't need a full premade to enjoy the game.  That is the main problem with Apex pugs, is that there's just too much for pugs to get together and agree on and play.  It's always a struggle, one person pushing farther than the other 2 necessarily want to go, 1 person anchoring harder, and so on with the reasons above.  This game is extremely difficult to push through with your public team unless you have an angelic personality.

Message 10 of 12 (287 Views)