Re: Don't Worry Guys, They Are On It.

by VPPTrue

Original Post

Don't Worry Guys, They Are On It.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've been seeing a lot of threads lately of people complaining about how Respawn's development timeline is going. I've been seeing people complain that these problems are simple and have fixes that should only take moments to implement. They say that there are far too many cheaters and it should be simple to fix this problem. They say that it's been too long and new maps and game modes are long over due.  

Well, I have news for you. These are not simple problems. Some things that may seem trivial to you to fix, as someone who only experiences the product, may not be trivial to fix for someone who creates the product. Programming and development are not easy things to do. While I'm not currently a professional, I am near completion of my BS in computer science. I haven't developed a game as massive as this or any other program that can be compared to Apex for that matter. But I can say from experience that some things you think are simple are anything but. Sure, some problems can be solved with a single line of code that takes seconds to type. It is finding these elegant solutions that takes a large amount of time and resources.  

Respawn have said themselves that they are focusing on larger updates spaced more sparingly. That means don't expect weekly updates or massive changes every month. A lot of people point to other games and how rapidly massive updates came soon after launch as proof that content we are receiving here in Apex is lackluster. I question if they are considering that many companies have these patches and massive updates practically ready to go and are only releasing content when it suits them. I'm sure many of you have heard of DLC being already present but locked away on physical CDs. The concept is the same. 

Please, have some patience. Quality takes time, Rome wasn't built in a day, patience and fortitude conquer all things, nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished, and some other tl;dr quotes. 

GLHF

Message 1 of 15 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Since day 1: infinite portal , bloodhound's silent ultimate

I'll see how long it takes for  them to fix these complicated bugs

Message 2 of 15 (758 Views)

★★ Guide

Long story short, they would need to re-code the entire game properly to fix any of the major issues. 

They paid 0 attention to how the hex code could be manipulated, and because of that there are infinite ways to exploit it. 

Message 3 of 15 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I challenge you both to go code something simple - something like Hello World.

Hex is just a number base. By the way.

42x16 = 1000010x2 = 102x8 = 66x10 

EDIT: I read that wrong. You were referring to hex editing, my B. 

Message 4 of 15 (738 Views)

★★★ Guide

I wonder if they could code something that is hack-proof, so no hacker could hack into it, and that would really something.

Could there be something like quantum coding ? So that no hacker could break into it ?

Message 5 of 15 (664 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, fixing bugs on this game its not easy, it will take time, so that's what you were saying as you are programmer guy and meanwhile their main programmers are busy working on their first Star Wars project. Anything else you want to add about it? Why dont you send your resume to this company to become as Dev ops more then talking about their responsibilities and try fixing this game bugs togather implementing new features?

Message 6 of 15 (663 Views)

★★ Guide

@TJ400000 wrote:

I wonder if they could code something that is hack-proof, so no hacker could hack into it, and that would really something.

Could there be something like quantum coding ? So that no hacker could break into it ?

Unfortunately we are pretty damn far away from the time quantum computers become households appliances. 

We'll probably have apartments on the moon before then. 

Message 7 of 15 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

there is absolute no way to be sure, but i hope so.

Message 8 of 15 (598 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for this post. The devs need some appreciation. I am myself a developper (Web and apps) and studying game development was part of my academic achievements. Programming is not easy guys.The simplicity of the bug in-game doesn't mean anything on the code side! Sometimes something very simple could be fixed in a matter of minutes but in a not so legit way. When it comes to important products like apex, these kinds of fixes can't happen and they need to rethink a lot of stuff and refactor lots of code for everything to be just right.

Enjoy the game and understand that Apex devs must be very passionate bout their product right now with all the success it got. I'm sure they are giving their 110% right now.

Message 9 of 15 (590 Views)

★★ Pro

@OPL3XITY Perfect explanation. What "looks" simple to a player means absolutely nothing to a dev. At the end of the day, we bring up the issues and let them fix it. 

Complaining. Does. Not. Fix. The. Game.

Your. Feelings. Do. Not. Fix. The. Game.

Your. Frustrations. Do. Not. Fix. The. Game.

Provide your feedback and let it go. The people I see complaining are the same ones who continue to play and then complain some more... Do something better with your time. It's crazy.

Message 10 of 15 (573 Views)