Don't Get Upset That We Didn't Land Fragment Because You Weren't Jumpmaster

by koulnis

Original Post

Don't Get Upset That We Didn't Land Fragment Because You Weren't Jumpmaster

★★ Guide

The Exchange:

Me, to myself: We're on World's Edge, but I am jumpmaster. Let's go somewhere else nearby so we can mop up, like Epicenter.

Me: pings 

Teammate: pings Fragment

Me: Nope, not going Fragment
Teammate: aggressively and persistently pings enemy location at Fragment like they're having a seizure

Me: deploys, heading toward Epicenter, sees about five to seven other squads heading to one building, half the lobby going to Fragment

Teammate: breaks off, heads toward Fragment

Me and other teammate: loots Epicenter, finds blue shields, some good starter weapons, and a batttery each, starts heading toward Fragment

Teammate: gets knocked down, aggressively pinging enemy location again

Teammate gets on mic for the first time: "jfc, why didn't you idiots land with me in Fragment?"

Teammate: disconnects

Me and teammate: go on to kill three more squads before being wiped

The Lesson:

Battle Royale would lose half of its players if Control ever implemented a Fragment map

Message 1 of 22 (804 Views)

Re: Don't Get Upset That We Didn't Land Fragment Because You Weren't Jumpmaster

★★ Guide

To that end, I am almost avoidant of World's Edge because of how many people want to play Fragment and die. I am tired of Fragment. It needs to be nuked from the map.

Message 2 of 22 (791 Views)

★★ Guide
@koulnis Agreed, it's the worst POI in the game. Worlds Edge I think is the best map around with such and eyesore that is Fragment. I experience the same bad players even as jump Master. They're content with having negative k/d and never winning a match.
Message 3 of 22 (762 Views)

@koulnis I refuse to jump to fragment. Straight into solo jump and wait to see what happens. The teammates tend to jump straight away of fragment. Bye. I then also mute their pings so I don't get a plaintive cochophany upon their early demise.

Ps I dont use mic or headphones. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 22 (753 Views)

★ Pro

I've had people try to drop there in a solo q ranked match.  I told them "have fun, but I'm not going there on ranked".  I split off and went somewhere else.  

Also, I was playing Storm Point, I was jumpmaster, I pinged Thunder Watch and one of the teammates started yelling "LAND HERE" and pinged Storm Catcher.  I'm thinking, "who the hell is this idiot think he's yelling at??", so I got on the mic and said "stfu" and some other stuff I probably shouldn't say on here.  He ended up being the first one to die and I said "who's dead now??"  and laughed at him.

It's honestly getting tiresome landing hot with randoms who aren't good.  I'll land hot if I'm playing with friends that can hold their own, but 90% of the randoms I've q'd up with suck.  They instantly die and disconnect.  

Message 5 of 22 (736 Views)

★ Apprentice

They need to just put in a new map because Fragment is for trash players and zipline addicts. Most of my kills are just camping outside the center building and hitting with a 30-30 and 3x scope.

If it weren't for that horrible parking garage building I'd play there more often. Most players just camp and wait for kills to come to them. They have no aim or strategy whatsoever. Just garbage.

Message 6 of 22 (722 Views)

★★ Pro

For me, It is so bad now, that either I skip WE all together or I play solo in Trios. Whether I am jump master or not, my random teammates go there regardless. 

And I don't know about most of yous, but 1v3 just feels depleting after awhile. It's too bad, I really like WE, but not lately. 

Message 7 of 22 (697 Views)

★★ Pro

I would love to see the Dev's remove all loot from Fragment. I mean all of it. Just for a couple days. : )  

Just to send a lil surprise message to all the Fraggers. I'm gonna guess, after 10 mins of that, Frag will be an empty tomb....watch out for the tumble weeds. lol

Message 8 of 22 (695 Views)

★ Expert

@NickBeam27 Remove Fragment and people will start to hot drop in Lava Syphon or Skyhook. Unfortunately it's not a fixable issue unless you just make every POI building free, but then again loot will be bad.

Message 9 of 22 (660 Views)

@Cro_Pittt agreed, it's the same in fortnite. I guess there are just loads of players that like a quick adrenaline rush of a melee Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 10 of 22 (646 Views)