Re: Don't Get Upset That We Didn't Land Fragment Because You Weren't Jumpmaster

by aisthebestletter

Original Post

★★ Guide

@Cro_Pittt The point of a POI is that the weapons and loot there will help with how many people land there, typically. I guess for me, it's better to get to one of the satellite POIs outside a contested one, get at least some blue armor and basic weapons and then head back in to feed on the weak.

Message 11 of 22 (402 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper I was just about to make a post about how WE is THE worst map for ranked just cuz of the Frag issue. Especially if you're soloing most the time like me. Most of my tms are dropping there & dying within the 1st 30 secs.I vowed to not drop Frag at all this season. I've spent all of 5 secs in Frag & that was passing through part of it. I was really hoping for Olympus this split. WE is terrible for ranked with the new changes. People thought SP was bad??? Naw this takes the cake by a long shot!

@Cro_Pittt You can still have good loot without the buildings lol. Heck they tried making Frag a place not to drop by putting crappy loot there & it didn't work! So maybe making it a crater like Hayhor suggested is the best option.
Message 12 of 22 (399 Views)

★ Expert

@koulnis Yeah that's the best strategy and i also do that if i play pubs.

@Lord_Scorpion34 I only play ranked and i've never seen the Frag issue so far (except some exceptional cases), not sure what's your rank? That could explain it a little. WE still remains the best map for ranked and competitive.

Anyway no as i said in a previous answer, you destroy Fragment and people will find another POI to hotdrop. The main reason we have this is big streamers started doing it and people wants to emulate them but fail to realize they are not good at the game.

And no, a POI with no buldings will never be good as one with them since loot would be more scattered around. It'd take more time to loot so people (including me)will always prefer to land somewhere else. Just look at what happened to Train Yard: it was not that good as a POI but after they got rid of the little "buildings" it had now nobody drops there.

Message 13 of 22 (381 Views)

Champion
@Cro_Pittt You can help the hot drop situation by removing frag. They've helped the situation on other maps with changes. KC pubs became much better with removal of skulltown. Yes, you'll still get a close to the ship start POI being hot but nothing like what fragment is.
Message 14 of 22 (343 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@koulnis Agreed, and I'm so sick of it.
They even jump there in ranked, how stupid is that?

It's a fetish, it must be....
Message 15 of 22 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Cro_PitttLoving WE right now in rank. 15 squads left after round 2 means that this Fragment issue isn’t as big as an issue like in pubs. The most number of squads I’ve seen drop frag in a game now is 3-5 squads. This is in silver, what more in higher ranks.

I might be contradicting myself here but silver is sweatier now even with the entry cost changes. 8 squads in this circle and this just in silver. The level players in my pre-made silver lobbies is like high plat last season.

7CE0D993-06A5-4E5B-9FAA-1674ADBE331A.jpeg

Message 16 of 22 (307 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cheese9Man I agree with some of this. I'm in Silver as well but my games haven't been as sweaty. Just keep getting TMs that don't want to play as a team or make dumb choices like pushing solo or running off soon after we land somewhere. I still get some Frag issues. I haven't had that many left in round 2 but have had more than usual in the 4th round in some games.
Message 17 of 22 (293 Views)

★★ Guide
@Lord_Scorpion34 Frag should be an afterthought for those who are looking to win games, really. The only time I want to end up in Fragment is because that's where the circles lead.
Message 18 of 22 (241 Views)

@NickBeam27 Now, THAT's an Idea I can get behind.

If there is no loot there, that would be amazing.
Message 19 of 22 (211 Views)

If I am with a team that jumps fragment, I will quit before we jump or leave as soon as I go down. I hate it.

Message 20 of 22 (197 Views)