Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Don't Get Discouraged Bioware!!!

by MrSandman777

Original Post

Don't Get Discouraged Bioware!!!

★★★ Newbie

To The Anthem Crew,

My name is Phealon187 I play on Xbox One S. I just want to send you guys a Shoutout. I did not play the beta or pre-order the game so I am not familiar with all of the bugs and frustrations alot of people are still complaining about. What I do remember is all of my favorite games started out really rocky. Division and destiny also had alot of issues in the beginning. And I have drained many many many long hours into both and still do on occasion to play with people i call my closest friends. 

What i'm trying to say is This game, Anthem is my new home. I am using the Colossus currently with some dabbling into the storm. But I've connected with my Javelin. I wish i understood how to unlock more cosmetics easily but never fear i will get it. I'd love to stream my gameplay but as a 40 year old guy my way with tech is nowhere near what i need to be. But I LOVE THIS GAME. and I'm sure i'm not the only one. I will probably Main this game for years to come. 

So I tip my hat to you. This was by far the best game i ever dropped money on since Skyrim. I was really skeptical at first because of the Andromeda flop. But I dont blame you guys for that. Some games should not be rushed and that was definitely one of them.  But i have been playing since launch and will continue to grow with you.

Sincerally Your dedicate Pilot and friend,

PHEALON187

Message 1 of 7 (102 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Yeah hoping EA doesn't get impatient and kills the game before it fully takes off because of sales numbers.If the intent is for the game to be supported years down the line they have to understand that the ultimate pay off probably wont be seen until well into the games maturation. It's honestly only been out not even a full week.... officially.

Message 2 of 7 (87 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree.  I think its funny people are complaining about god rolls and drop rates when its 4 days old. I mean I never expect to end up just over powered after a week. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Message 3 of 7 (74 Views)

★★★★ Novice

First post ever. Have to chime in.

Been gaming for 30+ years. Married with kids. Ive played just about every system ever invented.

Anyhow Myself and my eldest son love this game...it is outstanding because what matters is there. Extremely good solid foundation. I am also playing the colossus. My son plays the ranger. Please Do NOT get discouraged at the hate bandwagon reviews. 

There are lots of improvements to be made. Priority needs to be loot, variations in armor and weapon cosmetics, and bugs. I want to spend money. I have played For Honor for the past few years (and still do) and ive dropped about $500+ on cosmetics. I know there are others like me. 

Anyhow lots of love for this game. huge potential, 

It is obvious the dedication that went into this game. The next few months are very important. If people see a constant steady flow of loot and item variations they will keep playing. 

Keep it up.

Message 4 of 7 (65 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@jmoody187  Whoa, what were the chances that I'd find a thread made by the ONLY other person on earth who likes Anthem.  Just kidding.  I can appreciate your motivation and your sense of need to compose such a message to the developers given how much sincere hatred that there seems to be directed at this game. 

I'm on PS4 and have made it thus far to level 20, as a Storm, and last night (late! last night) I got my first Epic item to drop.  I did the entire story/campaign/critical path alone because I just wanted to experience it, thoroughly.  I did it all on normal and it was pretty easy but I wouldn't have wanted to get hung up on anything, anyway.  And you know what?  I'm impressed.  It could have totally sucked.  It didn't totally suck.  The non-player characters were engaging and likeable enough.  I played the crap out of Destiny and in my opinion Destiny, story-wise and character-wise, is a joke and insults my intelligence in every respect.  Most games that I've experienced is an assault to my intelligence (which isn't very high, or anything).  You mentioned Skyrim and games like that and The Witcher and thing coming in the future like Cyberpunk 2077 are exceptions that have set or will set high standards.

To me, does this game set high standards or does it redefine anything?  Not really.  But it's alright.  You have to understand that it's growing because it's a "live service" game and we're gonna see (story spoiler follows, don't click if you haven't finished the story!)

Spoiler
the Urgoth

in the near future and that has me very excited because I'm predicting complexity.  The devs know what I mean by that--just that the story is going to become more "complex" and interesting, I'm sure.

To sum this all up Anthem needs a lot of work and I think that the community can direct BioWare to make the appropriate tweaks.  You and I know that it's certainly worth our while to stick around.  Might be a bumpy road (that's how these things go) but I predict that Anthem will yield some pretty good things.  BioWare may even yet really surprise everyone and unveil some really amazing content but looking at the roadmap it doesn't appear to be the case; however, they have to fix the game, first.  That will take months (3-5 months).  But then the game will really take off.  I would totally prefer playing Anthem right now than Destiny or The Division.  I just really like the world that BioWare has created.  They definitely nailed that.  I just like being in this world.  

Could you imagine Anthem 2 on a next-gen console??  OMG.  OMG.  OMG.  If that doesn't happen I will cry.  Like if that's not a thing 2.5 or 3 years from now I will shed tears over it.  I'm serious.  Thanks for your post. 

Message 5 of 7 (56 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Goivus wrote:

First post ever. Have to chime in.

Been gaming for 30+ years. Married with kids. Ive played just about every system ever invented.

Anyhow Myself and my eldest son love this game...it is outstanding because what matters is there. Extremely good solid foundation. I am also playing the colossus. My son plays the ranger. Please Do NOT get discouraged at the hate bandwagon reviews. 

There are lots of improvements to be made. Priority needs to be loot, variations in armor and weapon cosmetics, and bugs. I want to spend money. I have played For Honor for the past few years (and still do) and ive dropped about $500+ on cosmetics. I know there are others like me. 

Anyhow lots of love for this game. huge potential, 

It is obvious the dedication that went into this game. The next few months are very important. If people see a constant steady flow of loot and item variations they will keep playing. 

Keep it up.

Wow.  How can reading something like this not make you want to play this game?  There is potential here for something magnificent.  Hopefully, EA sees that. 

Message 6 of 7 (52 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just adding to the sentiment. I’m really enjoying the game!

Message 7 of 7 (41 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help