Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Dominion and Titan Deactivation

by AcceptedE

Original Post

Dominion and Titan Deactivation

★★★★ Novice

Developers please change any and all missions where Dominion is trying to activating the Titan (of any variety).

The point of killing the Titan is potentially obtaining loot, and too many people destroy all the machines,  which prevents us from killing the Titan. This is something I am sure all of the player base dislikes.

Just an opinion on how to fix the mission: When we arrive to the destination of the Titan, have the Titan just starting to be activating. As if we were too late to stop the activation from happening. Also apply dialogue to let us know we are too late or have the dialogue inform the contract or mission supplier that the Titan is active and we have to take it down.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10 (215 Views)

★★★ Guide

I agree but its always a nice opportunity to call the player preventing the titan spawn an idiot.

Message 2 of 10 (173 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Its like rushing strongholds and not kiling all trash... You can disagree but you cant do anything...

Message 3 of 10 (166 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think the most sensible fix to this situation is either 

1. Have the titan be immune and attacking when players arrive, and killing the machines remove its immunity

Or 

2. Have the titan spawning as it is now but based on how long it takes to destroy the machines will determine how strong the titan is when it spawns.

Having a situation where you are actively trying to avoid completing the objective to get some reward is simply another developmental blunder by what i can only assume at this point are rookies. Completing an objective should always be a good thing, and despawning a potential source of high tier loot is idiotic design.

Message 4 of 10 (155 Views)

★★★ Guide
You can kill the titan in the bubble if your an interceptor with ult up. I do it all the time, cause random people are idiots.
Message 5 of 10 (154 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
You can kill the titan in the bubble if your an interceptor with ult up. I do it all the time, cause random people are idiots.

In this situation i blame the devs. Why have an objective that basically punishes the player? This is a looter, players are seeking loot. Despawning a potential source of loot makes no sense. 

Every other scenario in game you are told destroy x or y objective and if you do not destroy it a zillion trash adds keep spawning that drop no loot. The 1 time there is a rewarding enemy to fight the group is penalized if someone destroys the objective? Excellent design. Really highlights the loot philosophy of these devs if you ask me

Message 6 of 10 (142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This situation has two different outcomes. 

If you let the titan awake, all the mobs disappear and stop spawning.

If you dont wake the titan movs keep spawning for quite awhile.

Personnaly i like fighting the mobs more than the titan. Ive had better chance of drops from the amount od guys who spawn than the 1 titan.

Now if they changed it to where mobs spawn even after waking the titan thats a different story

Message 7 of 10 (130 Views)

I play the game for immersion, I stop the Titan spawning every time. Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 8 of 10 (120 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

I play the game for immersion, I stop the Titan spawning every time. Wink

Lol made me laugh

Message 9 of 10 (108 Views)

★ Guide

I let the titan spawn, why the hell not at least theres a chance that it will drop something once I thought maybe if I completed the mission per spec there would be a better payout, this is the thinking of a desperate man. 2 blues wtf ok stupid thought and was of a good ancient titan worth usually 2 purp's and occasionaly a mw never seen a lego drop from a titan but heard they have a chance. So kill the damn titan.

Message 10 of 10 (79 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help