Re: Does this reporting even works?

by NolanGraysonnn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does this reporting even works?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Once in a while I have some idiot talking to me and since I am a sensitive person it affects my day. I then report that individual but does it even make a difference? 
I heard devs saying that if a cheater is reporter the person who reports will be notified that the cheater was banned. What about other toxic or just stupid people?

I wish I could know if my reporting is making any difference

CM Edit: Removed profanity, Don't curse or swear. Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all k*** what you're trying to s**.

Message 1 of 15 (526 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@NolanGraysonnn Informing someone you feel they are being toxic is not an insult it's an impression. So I would assume that is safe to use.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 15 (583 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@NolanGraysonnn

Eventually, when they receive enough reports they will look into the situation,

No you won't get any notification of a ban for a player you reported.

Just a question, would you consider yourself "toxic" for calling other players/people "stupid"?

Message 2 of 15 (512 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@HopesKunai If someone is calling me stupid because of the game then yes, this is toxic. If calling someone stupid is just a description of their behavior then it's not toxic.

Examples:
You fight in a game and other team kills you. If your teammate calls you stupid because of that it's toxic.

Saying that his behavior is stupid is not toxic, because it actually falls in the definition of stupidity.
Message 3 of 15 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NolanGraysonnnTry not to belittle players. You be shocked at what words will land a user a suspension and or ban. I would say if you did use that word you may want to say what you just did was dumb or stupid. That way the user knows you are directing it at him being stupid.

New system is coming to apex legends that will inform its users if someone reported a user for cheating it will inform them that action was taken against the user. Once implemented. 

As for the current in game report system it looks for quite few things before taking action. I wont go into details about it but it does indeed work.

Message 4 of 15 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@E9ine_ACWait, do I belittle players? I sense some miscommunication here 😅

Message 5 of 15 (500 Views)

Hero
@NolanGraysonnn Examples:
You fight in a game and other team kills you. If your teammate calls you stupid because of that it's toxic.

Saying that his behavior is stupid is not toxic, because it actually falls in the definition of stupidity.

Is where my comment came from. I should of also mentioned this is not directed at you just more of informing. I am not sure if new system will handle harassment cases or hate speech. I would assume so.

Message 6 of 15 (495 Views)

★★★ Pro
@NolanGraysonnn

It does not answer my question, because you are "dancing around the issue". But it does not matter, you do not have to answer it.

@E9ine_AC I saw the youtube videos, and I think that it will help players get a better sense of when they have actually been killed by a cheater and help better recognize cheaters through feedback --just my opinion.
Message 7 of 15 (474 Views)

Hero
@HopesKunai To me its more to restore faith in the EAC system to show hey look we do ban now stop saying we dont. haha

Message 8 of 15 (471 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@HopesKunai How come? If you call anyone in game stupid you are toxic.
If I call toxic people stupid here in the forum it's not toxic, it's synonym.
Message 9 of 15 (468 Views)

Hero
@NolanGraysonnn It most likely would be seen the other way around. The CM don't like any type of insults done to each other. All needs to be civil or it will just get at times good topic completely closed. This takes away from important ideas or suggestions due to players being toxic to each other. Two toxics dont make a right. =P believe me lots on these forums have been suspended many times for takling bad to players or to staff.

Message 10 of 15 (464 Views)