Does this game working properly on PC with DIRECTX: 12?

by Fiky39

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does this game working properly on PC with DIRECTX: 12?

★★★★★ Guide

When I trying to switch on DX12 there is some massage that is something under construction, so I didn't use it.

I bought new computer just because of this game so I have no experience with it. I can run it, of course, because od Geforce RTX 2080super video card and i7-9700K procesor but how much game is improved with DX12 in comparation to DX11 and how is repercussions on work of PC?

Thanks in advance for answers if there are any!

Message 1 of 10 (4,788 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does this game working properly on PC with DIRECTX: 12?

★★★★★ Expert

I'm using Dx12 in Ultra graphics with no issues. It did stutter at first, but not much, and hasn't since the first day of playing.

I keep my monitor in its native resolution: 1920x1080.

Video card is my weakest link right now: GTX 1080 (really wish I had gotten a Ti). Not a bad card but normally when my card is no longer in the top ten on the benchmark site, I upgrade, been holding off for now.

32 Gigs of RAM.

i7-4960 CPU, 3.6 gigahertz.

It's about 3 years old. I had thought of getting a brand new one with an RTX card but my machine is still pretty good and not having any issues with any games I play yet and with work slow, I'm holding off getting a new one.

I have Logitech utility with my newish keyboard to monitor performance and while CPU spikes to 70% when loading, it normally uses from 25-35% load when playing, video card warms up a bit but never out of yellow as far as temp.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,776 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

I'm using Dx12 in Ultra graphics with no issues. It did stutter at first, but not much, and hasn't since the first day of playing.

I keep my monitor in its native resolution: 1920x1080.

Video card is my weakest link right now: GTX 1080 (really wish I had gotten a Ti). Not a bad card but normally when my card is no longer in the top ten on the benchmark site, I upgrade, been holding off for now.

32 Gigs of RAM.

i7-4960 CPU, 3.6 gigahertz.

It's about 3 years old. I had thought of getting a brand new one with an RTX card but my machine is still pretty good and not having any issues with any games I play yet and with work slow, I'm holding off getting a new one.

I have Logitech utility with my newish keyboard to monitor performance and while CPU spikes to 70% when loading, it normally uses from 25-35% load when playing, video card warms up a bit but never out of yellow as far as temp.

Message 2 of 10 (4,777 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Oh, and while it may be obvious; 64 bit Windows 10 Home version.

Message 3 of 10 (4,770 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I had to take 2 shots to get all info on screen, but here's my settings (and just to confirm, played 2 matches of TT and it ran fine):

Settings.png

Message 4 of 10 (4,753 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Iron_Guard8 I'll put same setting! When Vertical Sync is turned on my computer is almost cold. Without it FPS is 140-150 but my PC with water cooling become, let's say, warm. 60 fps is OK for me, my last computer pushed GW2 on 20-40 and it was enough to deal with all boss hunts on craaaaazzzy mod. THOSE WERE THE DAYS!
😊😁😃😎
Message 5 of 10 (4,725 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Also try to scale back the video quality output to see if that helps.

Years ago, that made ALL the difference with some PC games.  

Message 6 of 10 (4,685 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@spIash_damage Sorry Splash but I didn't understand what exactly mean scale back video quality output?
And what's the difference between fulscreen and borderless in Display Mode setting?
Message 7 of 10 (4,661 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fiky39 The setting labeled Graphics Quality.  @Iron_Guard8 has his set to Ultra.  I would set those as low as possible to see if the game plays better.

I play on PS4 or I would test this (we don’t have the setting).

Message 8 of 10 (4,646 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Fiky39I use borderless with some games so alt+tab works better. When I ran GW2 and used alt-tab in full screen, it would take a minute to actually change from the game to other windows and back so I changed to borderless window.

Message 9 of 10 (4,638 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, I'm having the same problems. Here's my dxdiag you guys asked for, in attachment.

Also, my Windows is running on DX12 as you can see, and I'm running the game set on DX11. Should I change anything about this (and how)?

Best regards!

Message 10 of 10 (4,537 Views)