Does this count as cheating

by Relliant

Original Post

Does this count as cheating

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey! So, I found a setting in the Nvidia control panel (found under Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings -> Selecting Apex -> Low Latency Mode)

Basically, it's a mode that gets rid of latency in the game so my movements, shots, etc aren't delayed. Does this count as cheating?

The description for the setting is as follows; https://gyazo.com/179be7814dfd088e6ea3a8a5221b7c0a

Does this count as cheating? In the thread "EA play by the rules;https://gyazo.com/7067b0d9646e5b98010c8ab60badaebf

This isn't anything like speed hacks, wall hacks / esp hacks etc. It's just a setting that makes your input from your keyboard & mouse more accurate or responsive. 

Message 1 of 7 (533 Views)

Re: Does this count as cheating

★★★★★ Expert

+ @EA_David to comment.

Message 2 of 7 (514 Views)

★ Pro
@Relliant lol no, it's just make ur cpu/gpu more care about ur input.
Message 3 of 7 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Relliant nvida say it's coming on Apex, Fortnite, Valorant so it's came?

Message 4 of 7 (452 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's an experimental feature atm I think

Message 5 of 7 (433 Views)

It's not something that is game-breaking, just a new technology NVIDIA uses to further enhance competitive gaming.
So I would be really surprised if this would be bannable / I don't even know if this is detectable by AC software.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 7 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I'll see if I can get something more solid, but my interpretation is that this isn't cheating, that it's a local optimisation comparable to dropping graphics settings to get a better framerate. 

If I get an official yay or nay on the subject I'll update the thread. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (350 Views)