Does movement feel strange or is it just me?

by MarcBoogie23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does movement feel strange or is it just me?

★★★ Novice

Just curious. I've only been playing for a couple of days. I played GW1 and GW2. Maxed out on both of those. This one just feels strange. I dunno. Is it just me?

Message 1 of 9 (986 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does movement feel strange or is it just me?

★★★★★ Expert
@MarcBoogie23 I jump back into GW2 a lot & sometimes find it difficult adjusting to start with, mainly because of character speed. Everything feels faster initially, but within a few minutes I'm usually trying to use the sprint function! Going in & out of sprint makes the characters feel a bit awkward sometimes I find, and some characters feel a bit heavier to me (I'm not entirely sure that's the right word to use but I can't think of a better one!). That could just be my imagination though!
Or did you mean something more technical?

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (948 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

What do you mean by "strange"? It's been a while since I played the previous games, but the only thing that feels a bit off to me is that in multiplayer things feel a touch laggy, like I'm playing with a high ping, even though it's only 27 ms according to the game.

Message 2 of 9 (965 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MarcBoogie23 I jump back into GW2 a lot & sometimes find it difficult adjusting to start with, mainly because of character speed. Everything feels faster initially, but within a few minutes I'm usually trying to use the sprint function! Going in & out of sprint makes the characters feel a bit awkward sometimes I find, and some characters feel a bit heavier to me (I'm not entirely sure that's the right word to use but I can't think of a better one!). That could just be my imagination though!
Or did you mean something more technical?
Message 3 of 9 (949 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's what I mean. It just feels different, like you said. Heavy. Less responsive. Limited.

Message 4 of 9 (934 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 5 of 9 (891 Views)

★ Expert

Huge problem...for example use acorn then do his tunnel twirl thing the game takes like 2 seconds to catch up...superbrains has to be in clear flat ground to use hyper jump or he'll get caught on everything and ruins his jump...and I just started using engineer but he seems really messed up when firing and moving.  Generally every char has that weird firing while strafing glitch where you will stop firing...drives me insane considering it's so hard to finish someone off as is...you can't afford to miss a shot.  I play controller on pc so not sure if everyone is noticing these things.  The game is fun but terrible responsiveness.  I generally have 31 ping.

Message 6 of 9 (844 Views)

★★ Guide

It's the aiming that needs fixing first and foremost.

Message 7 of 9 (821 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It does feel 'weird' at times. I mostly notice the issues with things like the Space Cadet's gravity smash with the 'teleport' it does when you move and then drop down to attack. The aiming also needs to be fixed as it too lags behind at times. 

Message 8 of 9 (787 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
  • There's also a bug with zombie soldier's rocket jump it's more like i teleport up
Message 9 of 9 (696 Views)