Re: Does anyone even enjoy apex anymore!

by o-Talzy-o

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Axs5626Sxa5001what you aren't taking into account is that noobs are also trying their best.

No matter where your skill is, SBMM takes what it has into account and places you where it believes you belong, thus with other players who are similar to you.

High level or low level, teams will come across a team just like them who is trying their butts off in order to beat the other team.

Thus noobs (low skill) will fight other noobs but both those teams will be trying their best to win against the other team. Unless they are noobs because they just don't care to try, it will only lead to a new issue being that they will constantly get teammates who don't care to win and won't help out. feel free to ignore, as this issue would resolve itself as players move beyond this point to a higher skill level. 

The unhappy amount of people so far only bring out the argument that they need to sit up on their chair and focus more or they die. Noobs suffer the same affect but don't say anything because they just began and are getting the hang of things and sooner will be placed higher up but still come across this "issue".

Message 21 of 28 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I agree noobs are likely “trying their butts off” too, but from what I am hearing, they aren’t against this. A noob can only play someone of their skill or better; there is no other option. That’s why many noobs/low skilled players are currently so happy with SBMM. 

What I have been trying to focus on, is that the same people who were unhappy with playing Predators were actively choosing to do so. 

I feel like Respawn could please the most amount of people by overhauling the menu screen and modes. You make “Play Apex” the new ranked/SBMM mode. And then you make that “Random Apex” mode I spoke about be the secondary mode. Hell you can even make it so that “Random Apex” doesn’t add to your stats or maybe it doesn’t give you apex packs or something. Make the incentive for everyone to play the SBMM, but at least give them the OPTION. Sure noobs will avoid “Random Apex” (as they should), but I presume enough people will still jump on that mode for fun and casual play. 

This would be much better than what we currently have: a lot of unhappy medium and high skilled players.

Message 22 of 28 (436 Views)

★★ Novice
@DarthValtrex I'm not good at the game at all, I just spent a lot of time playing it. So when I get into a random match with people that have over 30k kills and never miss a shot it's no longer fun. And it should be random, plain and simple!
Message 23 of 28 (433 Views)

★★ Novice
@iBlockHead They can keep it in the game but it needs tweaked. I'm by no means a great player at the game, but I've been playing almost everyday since season 1. And it feels like since I have racked up a decent amount of kills, I get put into lobbies that I really shouldn't be in. Its just frustrating to play 10 matches in a row without even a chance to get 1 or 2 kills
Message 24 of 28 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Axs5626Sxa5001"What I have been trying to focus on, is that the same people who were unhappy with playing Predators were actively choosing to do so." The key here is that it's a choice and an option. I have diamond and predator friends, I play with them occasionally but not frequently. I don't always accept the invites, especially now that SBMM is out. I typically only accept it when I'm looking for a serious challenge. And @Gabrielmojo26 is sort of right when he says it's practice.. How ever that's only true if the player can survive and support his predator/diamond friends. I'm at a point now with my skill where I can survive and support my predator friends. How ever before that if I tried to join a Diamond of Predator lobby it was just a full on slaughter. I'd get downed so fast I wasn't even a quality bullet sponge for my team. So in that slaughter type situation it was not practice.

I suppose one option for Respawn would be to have SBMM, something that's viewed as "casual" with no SBMM and ranked.. See what ever system wins out over a 3-4 month period.

I can sort of understand the complaints from higher ranks that it gets tiring always grinding. But what are the other options? So that all players have an equal chance and can have fun?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 25 of 28 (429 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I guess that’s what I am getting at. I want to empower the player with the choice of “ultra competitive” or “random” (which could be ultra competitive or it could not be).

But implementing SBMM in all modes reduces choice. I want noobs and lower skilled players to have a place to enjoy the game AND I want medium to high tier players to sometimes have games that don’t require 100% of their playing ability at 100% of the time. 

Message 26 of 28 (406 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Having spent alot of the past months playing Apex, earning Diamond both series, sadly I no longer play Apex that much.

I reached Diamond in series 2 rather quickly, and as such, reached my peak. I don't have the premade squad to advance and playing is very frustrating and a sweat fest. However, now that Unranked is just as difficult as ranked, I  find there is no reason to play the game anymore because it simply isn't fun to constantly be sweating out every engagement. Maybe if I was a worse player, in Gold or Platinum, then the engagements would be okay - people still miss shots and comebacks can be made. When you reach Diamond+, mistakes are just instant squad wipe. Most people mow you down in seconds.

So now I have have nothing left to play but the LTM. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to a degree, but largely now I feel depressed when I think of Apex. It used to be my golden child, now it's just a crumpled mess. I feel sad thinking I'll never have the same amount of fun again in the game except for LTM modes. Which is lame because... they come once maybe a month or two?

Message 27 of 28 (379 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would like to play with my apex predator friends without getting wiped by their skill level players. Respawn is full of idiots who are only alive because the idea is so unique but the game itself is plagued with smurf accounts from sweaty tryhards because they do not infact want to actually work for good stats but want them handed to them. Apex is trash as far as quality of matchmaking but a brilliant idea.

Message 28 of 28 (294 Views)