Re: Does anyone even enjoy apex anymore!

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey all, I've edited and removed some posts from this discussion.

When posting on AHQ we ask that you keep it polite and constructive. We would ask that you do not insult or abuse other users. If unsure of how you should be posting then I would suggest a read of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage

From here on out, any abuse impolite posts will be actioned.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 28 (540 Views)

★★ Guide
@Pkyle00 The inconsistency of the netcode has me contemplating on just deleting the game .
Message 12 of 28 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Here is a question for all you SBMM supporters:

If you were so turned off by seeing Predators in your public matches then why weren’t you playing ranked? You guys do know that the SBMM in ranked would have provided you exactly what you have now, right? 

Developers heard your complaints and made it so everyone is now playing competitive matches— this can be stressful if its all thats offered. Sure, you are enjoying  the fact that there aren’t any god teams in your lobby, but you still have to deal with the fact that EVERY engagement you have is going to be stressful, because your opponents have been specifically selected to challenge you. 

With a random lobby, you had a 95% chance that you weren’t going to be in a gun fight with a Predator (because according to the statistics, Predators only make up about 5%of the community.) Was it really THAT bad? I’d argue that consistently running into people of your skill level is actually harder and more stressful than running into high skill players occasionally.

Thoughts?

Message 13 of 28 (503 Views)

★★ Expert
@Axs5626Sxa5001 I am confused on your question or maybe it's just the way you worded it but I will try to answer it the best i can as I support the SBMM considering new players and such won't be getting stomped out as much, turning them away from the game.

I enjoy SBMM in all modes as it puts me head to head with someone relatively close to my skill level allowing me to become better by overcoming players like me and going beyond without the worry of ruining my current rank, I can go in and try new strats or legends without the punishment of going down in tier.

For as fun as pooping on new players is and messing with them, it is equally fun to mess around with someone on your level and showing them how much better/thought out you are vs them when going head to head. Sure you can't lay back as much as before and expect a random knock down/kill to come but if you wan't a slow game that allows you to make mistakes without much punishment than go play the new modes/training mode or a different game until you feel like sitting up and trying a bit.
Message 14 of 28 (491 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I appreciate your response.

Do you feel like it’s worth everyone now having matches that are stressful though? The common misconception is that only the higher tiered players are suffering with ultra stressful matches. The truth is that plenty of medium skilled players are now forced to ONLY have these close stressful matches also. 

Your argument regarding your desire to preserve your rank is fair. But there are a lot of people who didn’t care about rank— they just wanted Predators out of their lobbies. If THOSE people were to have used Ranked as their public lobbies, then they would have experienced the game much like they currently are, and been happy.

Wanting to only pub stomp is stupid; that is all some of these streamers want. But wanting mixed experiences (sometimes you fight high skilled guys and sometimes you fight low skilled guys) is fair in my opinion. 

Message 15 of 28 (468 Views)

★★★★ Pro

And a little bit of self-disclosure. I’m a medium skilled player who loves the game but am approaching that point where I may move on to something else. Personally, I like options. I like playing matches that are sweaty but I also like casual matches. 

And I’m just one person so it won’t impact the community in the slightest if I leave. But I do think that there are a lot of people that feel similarly. If enough people stop playing and cite SBMM as the reason, Respawn may take notice. We’ll see I guess. 

Message 16 of 28 (465 Views)

★★ Expert
@Axs5626Sxa5001 so what you are saying is to implement a system where a mix of good and bad players are pit together? if so, wouldn't the good players always only win. Not giving those with lower skill a chance to bathe in the glory of victory.

Not everyone's match has to be stressful, it's only stressful because people choose to tackle it as such. When facing a lower skill player, you don't give it you all but you tend to give it enough to overcome the player, the only reason it feel stressful now is because your team and the enemy team are trying to do the same but are having a conflict on getting ontop of the other, thus causing it to feel more stressful as you have to focus more and more based on how focused the enemy is.

This issue occurs on all skill levels because no player wants to die to another. Low skill players try to win a gun fight and when they feel they are going to die, they try to harder thus causing the other to try even harder themselves.

There is no solution to this that wouldn't leave a group of players in the mud vs better skilled ones. The system as it is now works because we are all on our level fighting eachother, same goes IRL, when you go to painball/airsoft, they try not to pit you against kids even if it's your first time because it would just be unfair for them and not as fun.
Message 17 of 28 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

What I’m saying is that new players should have the option to choose a random lobby or a SBMM lobby. Previously, they had that option. They had the option to play ranked (which would protect them from high skilled players) or they could roll the dice and play public matches. But they picked pubs and would occasionally run into high skilled players. This resulted in complaints which resulted in the implementation of SBMM.

The more options players/customers have, the better. 

Message 18 of 28 (454 Views)

★★ Expert
@Axs5626Sxa5001 this would only delay the issue for a short time before those Apex players want to lay back and laser kids again thus leading them to jump out of SBMM/Ranked and into the "Random" mode where those noobs would be met with more skilled players again because the servers have to fill the lobbies somehow.

Just creating more and more options won't always help. This is the same case as with the penalty, players just need to get use to it and give it some time to let everything simmer down.
Message 19 of 28 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

But in my scenario, the noobs wouldn’t even be there to get abused in said Random Mode. Noobs should always be in ranked mode.

Lets look at it like this—

Scenario 1: One SBMM Mode called “SBMM” and one Random mode called “Random Apex”

In this scenario, noobs have the OPTION to play SBMM and experience what they are experiencing now; an environment where they are relatively safe from Predators. So noobs would greatly benefit from playing this mode and if they are as pro SBMM as they say they are, they would only play this mode. Everyone else has the OPTION to jump into “Random Apex” where they essentially roll the dice against players of all skills.

Scenario 2: Every mode as SBMM. The noobs are happy because they are safe from Predators. Medium and high skilled players are forced to only play sweaty matches. This is fun for a bit but becomes tiresome. 

Which scenario do you think is better? I think scenario 1 pleases more people no? As it stands now, a LOT of people are unhappy with SBMM. 

Message 20 of 28 (426 Views)