Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Does Octane really need a buff?

by SethCurry

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MandatoryIDtag I think you are right. I felt sometimes issue like this. My guess would be that It's server fault since they added this new event so servers having some hard time. Or it's just another bug that has been added with the update.

Message 11 of 20 (246 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
i think they should revamp Revenant using loba storyline because even though he had a buff he still fails to be something fans wanted, make his climb higher for example so that he could actually be the assassin he was promised to be, make his totem indestructable and unusable by enemy squads. if it's possible scrap that whole totem idea just let Revenant go into his shadow ability for a minute or so like a flip of a switch as his ult[AS THEY SHOWED IN THE TRAILER] and let there be a medium sized radius around the shadow mode Revenant, which will give his teammates shadow mode ability if they stay inside the radius[this would encourage players to play as a team], if the shadow protection is destroyed they just come out of it continuously shooting with 50 health and whatever sheild they were on. This would make Revenant more team supporting and aggressive, players will opt him more and we would have more variety in competitive play as Wattson, wraith, pathfinder[my main] and Gibby won't be the only one getting chosen hence giving the players kind of a new skill content set to explore in itself. Make him fortified [5-7% less damage] what he doesn't have in width he has in height and his upper body is so shoot prone that i love to see a revenant around. One more problem with his ult is that when engaging in a fight u have to disengage for some time to find a spot for the totem to be not shot at or used by an enemy squad, this makes his whole aggressive persona dull and takes away what a total badass this character can be, even before engaging u have to put it in a place safe and that safe place for me was always a little too limiting even tho they increased the area, and pinging death totem to your team mates would require them to disengage giving time to the already dominating 3vs2 enemies to regenerate[its almost like we have the death totem advantage rather than revenant team haha]. PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT IF U AGREE OR WANT SOMETHING ELSE TO BE IMPROVED. Quick lore getaway they can use...revenant's source code changes somehow when loba messes with it and these abilities come to light.
i have posted this everywhere because no one is really talking about it. YES, mirage needs a buff.
Rev is the most badass character in the game, his storyline attracts gamers, lets make his abilities more practical. IF HE IS DONE RIGHT THE GAME IS GONNA BE ON ANOTHER LEVEL.

Message 12 of 20 (189 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag People who are requesting buffs like “ Make him run faster” are clueless, that still wont make him viable in team strategic play styles, still wont be useful in Rank
Message 13 of 20 (184 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@SethCurry  Agreed to an extent, i think the  problem with octane is HOW do you make him better. The upcoming hitbox fix will be a nice touch but i mean lets be honest, it's going to take more than removing his headshot magnet status to make him truly viable him higher tier play.

As he is, he's a fun legend to play but i would never use him in a competitive manner.

Message 14 of 20 (179 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

He aint viable at any level. Not a single pick for him at any of all the tournaments around the world, which speaks for itself. And lets be real. All of the streamers, from mid to high to top to pro are not using him as well. They use what? Wraith, Path, and Lifeline/Wattson before, now Gibby/Lifeline/Wattson.

I think Hakis was using a Bangalore for a brief period, but now its on Path train now.

His ult is the worst of all legends and need a total rework.

His passive/tactical are kinda okay, not on Wraith or Path level, but are okay, but he need a new ultimate and his hitbox fixed. You can`t buff him more, because it will be a complete different character at the end and there is no sense in that, it will be easier and better for them to just create a new one.

Message 15 of 20 (167 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag You sure you weren't walking?
Message 16 of 20 (163 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Octane is not a team based player even after the patch note. I have a suggested ult for octane it’s that he provides a 20% percent stimulus for his teammate and he takes 10% less damage during this period and this ult lasts for 8 seconds. What do you think about this.

Message 17 of 20 (108 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@TastyChicken564  I think the trouble with him as a legend is he isnt meant to be the ultimate team player...which in a team play based game is a bit counter productive.

I like the idea of a team wide stim as his ult, the damage resistance bit makes it a little complicated though....would you want to run up against a speed buffed gibraltar with 25% damage resistance?

Nightmare fuel. Tongue out

Message 18 of 20 (94 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag His jump pad is lacklustre tho. It's basically the legend you use when you don't really care about your team or use him for his healing xD
Message 19 of 20 (69 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@GH0STSUSP3CT  Yeaah, I mean the double jump is a nice touch, but it just lacks any real oomph once you've passed the highest arc of your jump, which for me makes it a pretty weak counter to the predictable arc...seeing as you can still be shot with great ease.

I do know that Crypto loba and revenant are legends that are still being looked into for improvement...hopefully octane is still in that list and they don't write his last buff off as a success.

Only time will tell I suppose. Tongue out

Message 20 of 20 (44 Views)
Twitter Stream