Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Does Anthem for PC require a subscription to play online like ps4's psplus?

by JanePhoenix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does Anthem for PC require a subscription to play online like ps4's psplus?

★★★ Newbie

Since ps4 and xbox both require a subscription to play either online or solo play, would the PC version require a subscription like it?

Message 1 of 31 (6,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@Syruponbutter That is definitely wrong information. Origin Access subscriptions are simply a different way of getting your games (think renting rather than buying). So by having an Access Premier membership you can play the full game for as long as you're a subscriber. But just purchasing the game without subscribing to Access is another option, for players who prefer to buy the game.

View in thread

Message 4 of 31 (6,217 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I was told by a Gamespot employee, that I need a subscription to Origin in order to play Anthem on PC.So I went with Origin Premier for the year. Maybe a Community Manager or Experienced PC player will correct or confirm my answer.   

Message 2 of 31 (6,229 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not subscribed to Origin, simply ordered the LoD edition and played the closed alpha.

So, can confirm, no subscription required, just an itchy trigger finger. Standard smile

Message 3 of 31 (6,223 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Syruponbutter That is definitely wrong information. Origin Access subscriptions are simply a different way of getting your games (think renting rather than buying). So by having an Access Premier membership you can play the full game for as long as you're a subscriber. But just purchasing the game without subscribing to Access is another option, for players who prefer to buy the game.
Message 4 of 31 (6,218 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SoundAnvil 

@JanePhoenix

Thank You for clearing that up. Now I have to decide if I want to keep Origin it for the 10% discount and the yearly Madden Edition. 

Message 5 of 31 (6,209 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Syruponbutter I'm not sure there's any guarantee of further Madden games on PC necessarily, but have you explored the rest of the Vault yet? There's over a 100 games in there already, and more being added each month, so consider that. It depends how big of an EA fan you are really, and which other 3rd-party Vault games you might be interested in, what value the Premier subscription is going to have for you.

I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Darksiders 3 while waiting for Anthem. Honestly, if you play even 2 new AAA games per year, the yearly cost of Premier works out cheaper than buying those 2 games, so for me personally it's incredible value to keep the subscription and continue exploring which other games the Vault has to offer.
Message 6 of 31 (6,192 Views)

★★★ Guide

@JanePhoenix

I looked thru the Vault, I'm going to avoid FPS. No Battlefield, No Battlefield! Moving on I was looking for something more casual. A game I could pick up, and play not have to worry about PvP aspect. Anthem has my attention, I hope it stays that way after the VIP Demo. Wanted Madden for that quick 30 minutes, game fix. With Origin it seemed like a good choice. Like you said 2 AAA for a $100, didn't seem like a big deal. Now it's up to the VIP Demo, I'll decide after that. 

Thank You for Helping Out. 

Message 7 of 31 (6,163 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Syruponbutter While Anthem doesn't seem like a casual game to me at all, I suppose you would be able to pick it up for little bits at a time. But I'm preparing myself for extended battles and rich immersion in a world that's filled to the brim with quality storytelling like only BioWare can, and sessions of multiple hours at a time. If you're not familiar with the kind of games that BioWare creates, it would be worth your while to check some YouTube reviews and gameplay videos of their other games. Granted, this game will be very different also from what they've made before, but deep storytelling is one constant in almost all of them.
Message 8 of 31 (6,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Welcome to one of the greatest scams in the video game world:  Console video game companies charging for internet access on top of your monthly internet bill.  

This is not a problem PCMasterRace has ever had to deal with.  

Message 9 of 31 (6,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is a little late but, I hope you didnt purchase anthem and sub for preimer.  Subbing for premier will give you full access to anthem. No extra charge. Just orgin premier monthly.

Message 10 of 31 (5,829 Views)
Twitter Stream