Re: Do you use strafe at all when thirsting someone?

by dSKyNafinchin

Original Post

Do you use strafe at all when thirsting someone?

★★★★★ Pro

Just curious . . . I'd like to speed it up a bit and I must have a mental block on how to quickly thirst someone.  Do you use strafe at all or do you just run back & forth while being blocked by their shield?

Message 1 of 9 (320 Views)

Champion
@HappyHourSumwur I like to do the little... strafe jump thingy? Only works point blank, but they usually don't block that. From a distance though, I toss a throwable if I have one, or try the whole "act like I'm not gonna thirst them, just to get them to drop their shield for me to thirst them" tactic, which is pretty hit or miss haha

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 2 of 9 (313 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@HappyHourSumwur You bait them to one side then when they raise the shield you go to other side to shoot since you move faster when their shield is up. On the other hand, don’t force thirsting if you’re taking too long since another teammate will most likely come up or a 3rd party. And if it’s just white shield, sometimes it’s just better to go through that 150 shield with bullets than strafing.
Message 3 of 9 (311 Views)

Champion
@HappyHourSumwur Fake a finisher and they either quit or stop pressing the shield button.
Message 4 of 9 (304 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@dSKyNafinchin So is it just muzzle press their shield and then run back and forth shooting when you get clear of their shield? Do you press the strafe keys at all? I'm mostly concerned with doing it quickly when they are backed up against a wall or backed into a corner. I can jump over them in the open & then shoot from behind fairly easily.
I'll jump into the Firing Range with a buddy to try it under friendly fire & gold knockdown shields. I feel like my brain forgot how to do it quickly for some reason. Weird . . .
Message 5 of 9 (284 Views)

@HappyHourSumwur If they're in a corner you have to shoot the shield. Against a wall is hard but possible If you watch some decent gameplay you'll see exactly how to do the techniques suggested here.
Message 6 of 9 (276 Views)

Champion

I normally just nade them and continue fighting. *shrugs*

Message 7 of 9 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@HappyHourSumwur I would just run around them as they can't move as fast as you while shooting the mess out of them. Or use a nade.
Message 8 of 9 (251 Views)

Champion
@HappyHourSumwur Eh, the way I do it, isn't fancy at all haha. I just jump-strafe to one side, and the change in direction and elevation typically is enough for me to get around their KD shield to finish them. If they're backed up into a corner, I'll usually toss a nade, or just focus on finishing the team.

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 9 of 9 (212 Views)