Re: Do you like early game fights?

by hayhor

Original Post

Do you like early game fights?

★ Expert

I myself love it and treat it like a trust fall with my teammate to see if they can hold their own in a gun fight.

Message 1 of 19 (702 Views)

★★ Expert

@Daze623 my philosophy is, "If you aren't hot-dropping, are you even playing the game?" 

Message 2 of 19 (697 Views)

★ Expert
@pastaclown I hate it when I get teammates that like to drop at the very edge of the map away from everyone else and whenever they hear gunshots they ping at the opposite direction. It's so boring.
Message 3 of 19 (695 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown You’re alright. But I already knew that.

I told my teammates: “The essence of this game is hotdropping. Without it, the game’s no fun.”

But I don’t necessarily do it for early gun fights. Sometimes it’s unfair. You have gun, they don’t. Othertimes vice versa, but that’s the thrill of it. Gambling.
I also just like swiftness. Either swift death or swift kill. That’s the way things have to be.

@Daze623 same here. That’s why I rarely do that. If I see we’re halfway across the map and JM hasn’t picked a place I know (s)he’s hesitant about dropping or wanting to go to edge. By that point I mark a location I’m heading (I almost always ping place even before jumptime but if they don’t wanna head there I’ll see where they want to go).
Message 4 of 19 (678 Views)

★ Expert

I only hate it when JMs hot drop then you find they can't hot drop and they quit as soon as they get knocked. 

I prefer to drop close to hot drop spots then join the action. I used to hate the randomness of Fragment until I found a spot there where hardly anyone drops so you get six bins to yourself before you Leeroy Jenkins. 

Used to hate The Cage too before I found out Rev can easily climb out the top of if. 

Message 5 of 19 (662 Views)

★ Expert
@EdwardDLuffy I do agree JMs that hot drop and then goes down in a couple of second is annoying but I still prefer them than playing hide and seek with the whole server. I'd rather die early on and get into a new game than waste time trying to hide only to inevitably be gunned down by a team that is more competent than mine.
Message 6 of 19 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you survive an early drop, you have more chances to win the game.

First, you probably wiped out high ranked players, second you ranked up your evo shield, and third this location have good loot.

I found out they are better than the Hot Zone.

Message 7 of 19 (648 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 I always solo drop if I come across these loot goblins who loot till 5 squads left. Landing safe is another thing, but this is straight repulsive.
Message 8 of 19 (636 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp I prefer to get a bit prepared before a fight, as after loads of hot drops and finding only bandages, I'm not a hot drop fan. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 9 of 19 (616 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 I dont mind an early game fight but so often it is down purely to luck. I dont feel impressed with myself killing someone who didnt find a gun.
Message 10 of 19 (606 Views)