Do you know if the deauthorization tool is still working?

by JSilverWolf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do you know if the deauthorization tool is still working?

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone! I need some help with this tool. I'm about to format my PC, and I need to deauthorize some games. The problem is that, when I use the general tool, the final result it's leading me to a blank web page and it's not showing me options to proceed.

And, if I download an especific game tool from this link: http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/gamesList.html, some of them send me to an EA page with a "this page doesn't exists" message (the message is in the EA page, its not a browser error).

I already contacted an advisor using the chat, but unfortunately he didn't resolve my issue. His solution was to restart the PC to delete the browser cache, but as I said before, the error is on EA side (I tested with other browsers and the error persists). I contacted again and explained better the issue, but I got disconnected without an answer.

Do you know if this tools are still working? Or is always better to simply format my PC and ask for new product codes after that? I think the latter is the easiest one to proceed.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (745 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do you know if the deauthorization tool is still working?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi Darko!

I really needed to format my PC, so I simply proceeded. But before, I had to use the Way Back Machine website to see what those broken pages showed in 2011, near the games release. The pages showed that those games have the tool included.

My installations doesn't have the tool, so I concluded that the Steam version of these games doesn't need deathorization. I read that probably the Steam versions does the process automatically using the Steam DRM.

I finally reinstalled the games today, and are working fine.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (678 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

As far as I understand it @JSilverWolf the tool should work.

Can I ask what games in question are you having issues with and have you tried redeeming the product keys to Origin?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi Darko!

I really needed to format my PC, so I simply proceeded. But before, I had to use the Way Back Machine website to see what those broken pages showed in 2011, near the games release. The pages showed that those games have the tool included.

My installations doesn't have the tool, so I concluded that the Steam version of these games doesn't need deathorization. I read that probably the Steam versions does the process automatically using the Steam DRM.

I finally reinstalled the games today, and are working fine.

Message 3 of 4 (679 Views)

Community Manager

Good to hear @JSilverWolf. Had you said that you had the games through Steam then I could have let you know that you didn't need to use the tool as it only applies to disc-based games.

Enjoy your games.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (655 Views)