Re: Do something about third parties

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Do something about third parties

★★★★ Apprentice

IDC if you lower the gunshot audio radius give shields on team wipes, refresh tacticals there is so much you could do that would fix it but I guess avoiding all your own fights is how you are supposed to play

Message 1 of 9 (358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there,

Third parties are frustrating, I get it. But it's part of the strategy. You can't simply have these devs say, "Yea sure, lets fix the third party problem". What do you want them to do? have an invisible wall to block them and tell them to wait until two teams are done fighting? It's a BR.

It's incumbent upon you and your team to be competent enough to make the decisions needed to be ready for that fight or find another strategy.

Trust me, I get frustrated too because sometimes I feel like they are just waiting until we are at our weakest, then they come in to sweep. But in the same token, that decision comes across the teammates I play with and third party is typically the best move to make.

Good luck in your games.

Message 2 of 9 (333 Views)

Champion
@The65thCavalry 3rd partying is a part of every BR game. It forces you to use strategy when fighting. Don't take fights in areas with multiple approaches. Rotate with the storm behind you on the small circle side so people don't come from there. Or wait to engage and be the team that 3rds.

There is an arenas mode if you do not like 3rd partying.
Message 3 of 9 (305 Views)

Champion

@The65thCavalry  I mean you know the risk when you engage a squad.

Keep your fights quick and clean, if you can't then disengage and cycle back via a different route/position.

3rd party scenarios are only a problem if you don't know how to prevent/counter them.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 9 (291 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The game would be boring without 3rd parties. It's annoying when it happens to you but if they got rid of this then I would stop playing the game. It's one of the main reasons it makes the game so much fun. 

Message 5 of 9 (280 Views)

Champion
@The65thCavalry I'm guessing you are fine with 3rd partying, when you come upon two teams that are already fighting, and end up getting some easy kills because you 3rd party them? We all do it. It's just the nature of BR games, as others have said.

That's one thing I really love about BR though. You choose where to drop at the start. You choose which loot you want to pick up and which loot to leave behind. You choose which routes to rotate, which fights to push, which fights to pass on, when to pull out of long-lasting fights, and so on. You make these choices (hopefully) based on the intel you and your team have gathered or are observing in real time.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 6 of 9 (275 Views)

★★★ Expert

YOU COULD:

1. Play Arenas

2. Play Control

So a lot has been done.  But if you're playing a Battle Royale, and you got third partied...that's what Battle Royales are about. Notice the maps aren't hallways where one team meets antoher and then moves on like brackets.  

The easiest way to not get third partied is to play a game...which is available and fun...that doesn't have a third party.

Otherwise, enjoy BR for the things that make BRs fun.  Try getting third party kills next time instead of being third party killed.

Message 7 of 9 (264 Views)

★★ Expert
@The65thCavalry Arenas - have you tried them? No 3rd parties. And no RNG gear on drop.
Message 8 of 9 (241 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is also other solution. You can play Crypto - then you will see, how many squads are nearby and when to increase the distance or change position.Thinking

Message 9 of 9 (197 Views)