Re: Do something about the cheating

by LaughingSharko

Original Post

Do something about the cheating

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You all have us focused along with the pros and ttv guys on the hard hacks in the game when the issue is as we all know are the soft hacks. Im tired of guys making money using obvious and blatant soft cheats from ttv's to pros and now sooooo many are using them. Game after game. Its a joke right? Making money hand over fist , what , something like from the launch 1.2 billion as of february on a free to play game. Micro transactions are strong.. Wonder if the Ceo is in line with the activision ceo making 200 million?? Pathetic. This generation of gaming, what they consider ok was NEVER ACCEPTABLE in previous gaming and comp. But hey, its about $$$, social cred and content right? You have ONE FRIGGIN GUY , hideouts and cant put a team on the cheating, with 1.2 billion in revenue and being a multi billion dollar company and you cant stop the hard hacks and don't care about the soft hacks? Then , admins come in here and do a song and dance. pathetic. Three games in a row at least 2 of the 3 in arenas and YOU CANT REPORT THEM.. NO in game reporting? Is that also going to nobody like it WAS in trios until Soar kobe exposed it. 

Message 1 of 8 (561 Views)

@Ki11DowN Not all of the "pros" cheat, I have spectated a few who play on console they use standard or sometimes elite controllers. The elite controllers don't support macros.

EA has been dedicating a ton of resources to dealing with quality of life improvements such as combating cheating and other things. It's a huge topic and it's not something they ignore, they just don't talk about it much publicly or their enforcement.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (529 Views)

@DarthValtrex http://gph.is/1Z38iEC

High-tech resources, too. (wink)
Message 3 of 8 (493 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ki11DowN,

I definitely appreciate the concern here. To be clear as this is something I see repeated quite often on the forums, Hideouts is not the only person working on this, though he's likely the most public member of that team and has made himself available to review reports sent in from other avenues in addition to his other work. 

Cheats and hacks are extremely harmful to the game and community, and we don't consider them to be acceptable in any form. They'll likely always exist in some form as there's a constant demand for cheats from certain members of the gaming community, so it's an ongoing battle as we adapt to new cheats and hacks, then they adapt to get around our updates, and so on and so forth. 

This is something being addressed on multiple fronts, not all of which we're able to discuss to avoid providing info to those looking to bypass and exploit our systems. Respawn discussed some of their approaches over on their YouTube channel, and you can check that out here if you're interested.

Reporting is just one facet of this, though it's an extremely helpful one to bring players using those cheats and their behavior to our attention. If you're unable to use the in-game reporting options for any reason (such as the option currently opening the user profile for PlayStation users), you can always use this form to provide that info to our ToS team for review. 

Mako.png
Message 4 of 8 (474 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mako Appreciate the reply. Hmm, had a response to Darth and its not listed above. Oh well, anyway, as I stated, the only people getting things done or responded to are the so called pros and special TTV streamers and when they are live you only hear hideout is being contacted and he is also buddies with them and plays games with them. Odd. Nobody took hideouts place when he went on vacation ( 3 pros talked about it) and the worst thing that could happen is giving the 'pros" (as rogue sweet suggested) the power to ban or kick considering many of them use soft cheats and macros and would have them only worrying about pred lobbies and nothing else. These guys make up less than a % of total players. Thought needs of many outweigh needs of the few? ( i saw that wasn't addressed only the hard hacks) You're in game reporting hasn't changed since early season 2 since the cheats are beyond just recoil or movement. There truly isnt a team or someone supporting people other than the pros and ttv who can , while on stream, send a message , discord etc and hideout responds and that is onlyyyy for pred lobbies as well. Nothing about the hackers that must go through the other lobbies to get to pred. Hard hacks are not your problem, soft cheats are and I'm afraid wayyyyyy to many are using them whether configs or macros. Ive seen way to many speed bursting short spurts which the algorithm doesnt detect. WHY doesn't respawn LOCK the CONFIG? You did for the foliage hack early on in season 2-3? EA did it with BO1 (but only specific parts) but it helped. I see that question asked and respawn never entertains or respawns to that question ( has nothing to do with apex engine) This has gone on way to long. Watching season . Watching season 1-5 then watch the last season is just ridiculous. There are some simple changes that can be made and locking the config is the easiest thing to start with. Anyway, i appreciate the response
Message 5 of 8 (416 Views)

★ Guide

I appreciate your response but hideouts is only available to so called pros and top ttv's . On top of it, he is buddies in discord and plays with them. The top , most recognizable "anti cheating" contact for the game, is buddies with the top players. That is like Shaq hanging out with the referees. Going to dinner, talking on the phone , hanging out. Talk about securing yourself from any scrutiny. 

Listen, some of the biggest offenders are your cash cows of apex. The pros and daily , its amazes me the videos submitted and blatant macros, configs all day long, and nothing is done ( i wont get into AA and controller , that boat has sailed and your devs all play on controllers so) Just watching season 1-6 then around 7/8 - 12 completely different gameplay. Two of your so called pros were so blatant their config had not only zero recoil , but took the horizontal sway out of it LOL. Then suddenly, after seeing many people question it, the player suddenly got the sway back. The deeper issue with with respawn and Jeanu , titanfall and those guys exposing so much of what is going on, who is using soft cheats and many other things. You have the money to put an admin on each server. Pretty simple. You had in game reporting , that initially was going to nobody then suddenly we hear hideouts has been put on. I only heard of a similar person for the Tokyo servers (where that whole region was suppose to be blocked back in season 2/3 , EA's words in an article that was written) It is what it is. Its look at the left hand while the right hand is doing all the shady stuff. Your in game reporting never has been updated. You have a smurfing option in game and we see massive amounts of pro players smurfing and nothing being done. You had 100 million download by march of launch and excluding the launch of a new season being a bit more active ( along with cheaters jumping in to cause issues in the new season) between origin and steam you only had roughly 400k daily. think about that. That is barely 0.004% retained players. Why? As shroud said, " soft hacks will kill apex legends" .. 

Message 6 of 8 (337 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Easy Anti Cheat detects possible cheats and reports them to the company.  This isn't immediate action, if it was, many more players would be getting irate about the false bans. As for streamers, is it possible you are watch a stream that has been edited?  You are viewing only the good shots and not the garbage runs?  If the streamer is bragging about cheating and showing they cheat, then it is case closed.  

The systems used to detect cheating varies from game to game.  I have helped to develop some of those kind systems.  One can only make the security tools and hope they are put to good use.  Part of the system is the users who report cheaters, so they can be put on a watch list.  I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have seen people use post-it-notes on their monitors with their password.  Remember security begins with you.

Message 7 of 8 (321 Views)

★ Guide

The systems used to detect cheating varies from game to game.  I have helped to develop some of those kind systems.  One can only make the security tools and hope they are put to good use.  Part of the system is the users who report cheaters, so they can be put on a watch list.  I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have seen people use post-it-notes on their monitors with their password.  Remember security begins with you.

What has people using post it notes on their monitors got to do with cheating? It's not up to the players at all. Respawn are the ones without the secure systems. Hence cheating is able to happen.

Now I'm not saying it's an easy thing to do but trying to blame the players is disingenuous. 

Message 8 of 8 (289 Views)