Re: Do randoms still hot drop every game in platinum

by RockScorpion384

Original Post

Do randoms still hot drop every game in platinum

★★★★★ Guide

I get so many who do it in bronze and silver and they just die straight away, didn't hang around long enough in gold last season to find out if they do it there and since my target is plat won't waste my time if just the same, might as well do pubs.

My vision of plat is my team landing places contested with another team two max and then tactically working our way towards a win, not playing slow but playing smart, is it like that?

Message 1 of 12 (1,356 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CAGOA34 Wouldn’t know. All my games are over in the first 30 seconds because my ape brained teammates think landing estates with 8 other squads is the way to win
Message 2 of 12 (1,350 Views)

Champion
@RockScorpion384 Yep the new skulltown/fragment is ruining this map.
Message 3 of 12 (1,347 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RockScorpion384 That's where my team goes every time, I usually get a kill or two last match three but not often we walk out alive.
Message 4 of 12 (1,345 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CAGOA34 This happens every ranked game and all my RP goes down the drain. It doesn’t matter how much you tell them to drop elsewhere they purposely go there to die. It’s literally throwing but the devs will not do anything about it
Message 5 of 12 (1,341 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RockScorpion384 Its strange why they play like that in ranked, it's supposed to be more tactical, sure fight but go somewhere not so hot the odds are so against you when an area is so heavily contested even the best players around don't do it.
Message 6 of 12 (1,333 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CAGOA34 Because they are justified by the devs that that is how you should play. Instead of the devs stepping in and being like ‘that’s against the rules, stop or you will be suspended’ they ignore the issue
Message 7 of 12 (1,328 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RockScorpion384 I've been noticing in pubs especially on console if you don't land there it can be a long boring game without seeing anyone or anything till final circle, teams are dying off too quick.
Message 8 of 12 (1,325 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CAGOA34Yup! I attempted to get back into ranked.. First 3 matches all three dropped to Estates. Estates is fun and all in pubs, but not the best place to land for ranked. Odds of walking out with a full squad are low, odds of walking out with a full squad and enough ammo/heals for the next fight are next to 0.

Depending on the legend you pick you can just let them go die at estates. I typically tell them before we drop, don't go to Estates if you do you're going without me. I tend to play legends I know I have a chance at winning 1vs3 fights with.. Caustic and wattson are strong legends for me in 1vs3. Since there is a leaver penalty in ranked, I'll try and grab their banners. That has become more difficult due to all bloodhounds in games now. 

Another good option is Bang.. She is really strong at grabbing banners and running get as close as you can, smoke when you have to get the banner and book it.  

If they want action right on drop, go to Bonsai or the other sky scrapper building with the under ground area.. Those typically have multiple squads and enough loot to make it worth while. Estates is just pointless IMO, so many squads and so little in the way of loot.

The best Estate droppers are the ones who go there and don't drop until they are 200m out.. Greeeeaaat not only is it a horrible drop, we are going to be 20 minutes late to the party.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 12 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CAGOA34 Hmm, it depends.

The aim in Plat is to basically drop somewhere that you can get a gun and then have an early fight to rack up some early points. It takes the pressure off for the rest of the game you see.

The really confident players will drop straight away, but this is a catch 22. If a Master level player drops and doesn't find a weapon then him and his whole squad could get wiped by players now where near their ability.

Basically, to play in Plat you need a full squad. That is the easiest way to do it and that is what I am lacking at the moment hence why I am just not picking up the results that I need.

People drop at all different times. There isn't a Skulltown on Capital City like there is on Worlds Edge and Kings Canyon so people are scattered out more.

The way to win as a squad on Apex is literally down to communication, a good team who can hold their own in gunfights. You want to have the right mix of legends as well.

For me (I don't play him) but the best Legend for this map this season is Gibby, I love having a good one on my team. That sunshield helps so much in CQ fights. His bubble is great for moving / medding and the bombardment can wipe squads out when chucked in the right place.

I salut anyone who can get out of Plat solo dropping, its so hard and takes a skilled player.
Message 10 of 12 (1,307 Views)