Re: Do not remove BHOP Heal

by NtQueryAim

Original Post

★ Guide

GET RID OF THIS BS EXPLOIT.. PERIOD.. IT'S NOT A SKILL.. IT'S A FRIGGIN MACRO EXPLOIT THAT NEEDS TO GET YOUR * BANNED

Message 11 of 35 (365 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Explain Mr. Capslock how it is a "macro exploit" when you can do it without a macro? It's the same as if you were saying Apex Legends is an Aimbot game, just because there are people aimbotting.

Kids like you should not be allowed to share their opinions in the internet, it's really dangerous half knowledge you are spitting out here.

Message 12 of 35 (349 Views)

★★ Guide
The macro argument is completely invalid. You get the same, or at least similar to the point of irrelevancy, results not using a macro at all.
Message 13 of 35 (343 Views)

★★ Pro

@VPPTrue wrote:
The macro argument is completely invalid. You get the same, or at least similar to the point of irrelevancy, results not using a macro at all.

anything can be macro'd.  But you could also say say you don't need it for peacekeeper and melee exploits either.

Message 14 of 35 (340 Views)

★★ Guide
Then why bring it up like it's some nail in the coffin point?
Message 15 of 35 (334 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VPPTrue wrote:

I believe @RichAC  was saying that a gameplay mechanic isn't necessarily an exploit because it is macro.

He proved his point by saying that "anything can be macro".

Or in other words that bunny-hopping is an exploit - whether it is macro or not macro.

Message 16 of 35 (320 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, when posting please remember to be respectful and kind.

If you cannot post without insulting another user then we would ask that you not post.

From here on out any posts attacking another user will be actioned. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 17 of 35 (296 Views)

★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@VPPTrue wrote:

I believe @RichAC  was saying that a gameplay mechanic isn't necessarily an exploit because it is macro.

He proved his point by saying that "anything can be macro".

Or in other words that bunny-hopping is an exploit - whether it is macro or not macro.

Okay.

Whether or not you macro, whether or not you consider it an "exploit" it's a fun mechanic that adds to the overall experience and playability of the game. It widens the skill gap, raises the ceiling and most of all it's FUN. Much more fun than being glued to the ground or sliding like 5 feet to get a cell off. Removing this removes a key form of outplay potential. There is far more skill involved in bhopping around a corner or to dodge gunfire while getting a heal off than cowering in a house blocking a door. Every other BR plays the latter way. How about something new!? How about something FUN!?!?

I'd really hate to see this game become yet another generic BR/generic game in general but it seems like that might happen. Who knows how many more players are going to leave because of stuff like this getting removed...Especially since the Battlefield BR and Halo are coming up. 

Message 18 of 35 (287 Views)

Anonymous
Source games bunnyhopping feels like s*it. Just remove it.

I feel so dirty every time I bind jumping to mouse scroll or make a macro for it.

Bhopping works great in games like Quake that don't restrict it at all.
Message 19 of 35 (284 Views)

★★ Guide
Why feel dirty for binding jump to scroll? That's just one of near infinite configurations you can do.

Space bar works just fine in this game anyway, there isn't a landing penalty.
Message 20 of 35 (276 Views)