Re: Do not remove BHOP Heal

by MjNaise

Original Post

Do not remove BHOP Heal

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes, another Thread. I can't believe all these normies try to kill a game again. Next thing to nerf is scope time and then Gibralter needs a level 4 shield from the start right?

BHOP Healing is a mechanic that gives outplay potential, anyone can do it if enough Skill present.

One of the reasosns why Apex is fun to pro players and many others is its skill focused nature, with outplay potential, don't destroy that, this would be the start of it.

Instead focus on the real problems, like cheaters.

I really hope you talk to people like Shorud, Mendokusaii, Kephrii, IDDQD, dizzy or what ever skilled player and overthink this. Don't make the same Mistake as Blizzard/Overwatch and listen to average players that play the game 1 hour a day and don't know much about games, because then something like GOATS will happen and kill the game. We don't need equality, skill is something you don't get for free.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 35 (820 Views)

Re: Do not remove BHOP

★ Guide
Have there been any talk from Respawn that they would remove bhop? I sure hope that they don't.
Message 2 of 35 (811 Views)

★★ Guide

No thanks, it looks stupid as hell and like the game is actually broken when it is happening. And it's not hard to do so get over that

Message 3 of 35 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Seriously, STOP CALLING "EXPLOITING" TRUE SKILL.

This realy makes you look ridiculous.

"Real" true skill implies playing and winning without a single exploit or abuse of broken mechanics that let you do things which isn´t possible under normal circumstances.

There is a reason devs implemented a slowdown when healing, because you're supposed to be slow.

If you do something that enables fast movement while healing, which isn´t intended, then it´s an "exploit" of a bug/broken mechanic..... and therefor you should get punished for abusing it with a 7 day ban for the first time and permaban if you keep doing it afterwards!!!!!

Message 4 of 35 (788 Views)

★★ Guide

if it´s ment to be? then leave it in.

if its exploiting the game, then Respawn should fix it.

usually exploiting a game knowing it´s not ment to be,

taking advantage of bugs etc etc.

gets you banned for a period of time.

it´s pretty simple,

find an exploit,

report it.

don´t use it.

dont look back.

then again, if its ment to be there, by all means use it as much you like.

Message 5 of 35 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MjNaise wrote:

Seriously, STOP CALLING "EXPLOITING" TRUE SKILL.

This realy makes you look ridiculous.

"Real" true skill implies playing and winning without a single exploit or abuse of broken mechanics that let you do things which isn´t possible under normal circumstances.

There is a reason devs implemented a slowdown when healing, because you're supposed to be slow.

If you do something that enables fast movement while healing, which isn´t intended, then it´s an "exploit" of a bug/broken mechanic..... and therefor you should get punished for abusing it with a 7 day ban for the first time and permaban if you keep doing it afterwards!!!!!

Some "exploits" can be skill though.

I'm going to use a few examples that have NOTHING to do with Apex here in a misguided attempt to explain what I mean.

1) Halo 2: Double Melee, Double/Quad Shot (BXR, BXB etc..)

These were, in the heat of battle a ridiculously hard thing to pull of especially given the GIGANTIC size of the original Xbox controller. They took actual thought and time to learn how to pull these off in a consistent and rewarding manner. A very skilled player could pull off a double melee or a doubleshot in the heat of battle where most would panic fire, keeping thier aim steady while doing it and the true masters of it could pull off a quadshot. These "Exploits" were eventually adopted in to true competative play, being made legal tactics by MLG in the early days.

2) Speedruns:

Go watch Distortion2, or Nemz. Watch how they speedrun and tell me how these frame-perfect, expert timing glitches and exploits they use aren't skillful in any way shape or form. They take dedication, time and skill to learn to pull of consistently to the point where they can beat some of the most brutal and difficult games in less than 40 minutes.

3) Halo 3: Ghost Jumping.

A movement "exploit" which made use of various invisible ledges on some maps (The most famous one being Bottom lift to top lift on guardian) where the player would jump at a very, very specific angle, crouch, release crouch with stupidly accurate timing and them jump again in order to create a sort of "wall jump" that propelled them upwards. This, much like the days of the BXR in Halo 2 was legal in professional play due to the sheer skill it took to pull of on a consistent level.

Now I don't know much about these "Exploits" in Apex as I haven't tried them myself but my point here is that some exploits really do take a lot of skill.

Message 6 of 35 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@NtQueryAim wrote:

Yes, another Thread. I can't believe all these normies try to kill a game again. Next thing to nerf is scope time and then Gibralter needs a level 4 shield from the start right?

BHOP Healing is a mechanic that gives outplay potential, anyone can do it if enough Skill present.

One of the reasosns why Apex is fun to pro players and many others is its skill focused nature, with outplay potential, don't destroy that, this would be the start of it.

Instead focus on the real problems, like cheaters.

I really hope you talk to people like Shorud, Mendokusaii, Kephrii, IDDQD, dizzy or what ever skilled player and overthink this. Don't make the same Mistake as Blizzard/Overwatch and listen to average players that play the game 1 hour a day and don't know much about games, because then something like GOATS will happen and kill the game. We don't need equality, skill is something you don't get for free.

Thanks.

First of all its not bhopping heals.  its HEAL HOPPING.  and its an exploit.  I don't see any streamers in this game bhopping unless healing.

And "Normies" are what make games.    Is it good business sense to make a game just for the 1% of players?  Anything can be competitive and these pro players will play whatever they are paid to play.  Which is whatever is popular.

Quake died because of the enormous skill gap, and unlike counterstrike,   they didn't have auto balanced team mods on pubs  or community run leagues for all skill levels.   They tried to implement these things in  quakelive,  many years later too late,  and they catered to the "pro" players  allowing them to undermine their own rules by  stacking teams, smurfing and tier slumming matches.    They felt too entitled to stomp noobs and I see a trend happening here.

IDDQD is for removing HEAL HOPPING,  because the devs said it was unintended.  And a real pro should suck it up and adapt to the the rules,  thats why they are pros is what he said.   IMO, it won't change how good they are.

Shroud,  Mendoukisaii,  dizzy.  I consider them pro streamers.  They just want w/e is in the best interest for their stream money.  They are for kill points,   heal hopping,   peacekeeper fast reload etc....   Simply because it makes their stream more exciting, something to stand out and talk about,  and they want that extra crutch for showing off against newb players.

There are many examples of mechanics in this game that are done much better by the pros then amateurs.  Including movement regardless of heal hopping.

Message 7 of 35 (757 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh God not this dude again....

Message 8 of 35 (735 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

very construtive feedback, we can see you are very intellectual!

Message 9 of 35 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Maybe it is a bug, it would not be the first time that bugs turned out as features because they make the game more exciting. bhop heal however is something most people can't do because they lack the intellectual coordination to even do it, hence why i believe they complain here, to simply remove it so they are not in a disadvantage because of their lower skill anymore.

Message 10 of 35 (673 Views)