Re: Do an in game survey on solo mode

by ShadoWawker

Original Post

★★ Guide

@Down4WattGamer wrote:
The problem with solo mode will be legend balance, that being said I'm still in favour of solo mode.

Im glad that you want solos as well, i do not believe legend balance will be any more of an issue than it is in squads

Message 11 of 26 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ShadoWawker  I think that a game mode is not the same as real content such as maps, Legends, abilities, items and features. Since we already have a developed mode in squads, I would like to see squads mode developed further. Adding new modes could have the affect of devolving Apex across too broad a spectrum of gameplay, and also of diluting the potency of development into a second or even third mode which may each require their own parallel development. Thinking

Message 12 of 26 (306 Views)

★ Guide

The guy ... child that says only 4 or 5 people want solo's is funny . I may be wrong but at least for awhile the " add solo's and duo's " thread  that was started same week as launch has the most up votes of any thread .

Message 13 of 26 (305 Views)

★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@ShadoWawker  I think that a game mode is not the same as real content such as maps, Legends, abilities, items and features. Since we already have a developed mode in squads, I would like to see squads mode developed further. Adding new modes could have the affect of devolving Apex across too broad a spectrum of gameplay, and also of diluting the potency of development into a second or even third mode which may each require their own parallel development. Thinking

I’m not sure how you could say a game mode is not real content. I consider anything thats playable in game as real content, which means anything that is not cosmetic only. If it changes how the game plays then its real content

Honestly I’ve been through these arguments before and always made the stronger points in favor of solos but it doesnt seem to matter. If respawn pays attention to the forums they will already have seen that people who support solos have clearly won the logical/philosophical debate as to why solos should be in the game

And yet they still havent added it in. So thats why they need to remove subjectivity from the equation. Do a survey, to move this issue out into the playerbase and let the people decide which way to go on solos.

There really is no point debating solos on the forums anymore because those in favor have without a doubt made the better argument and yet its not in the game so a different course of action is required. Respawn will not listen to reason so maybe they will act on statistics and numbers instead

Message 14 of 26 (294 Views)

★★ Guide

@cobrakev98 wrote:

The guy ... child that says only 4 or 5 people want solo's is funny . I may be wrong but at least for awhile the " add solo's and duo's " thread  that was started same week as launch has the most up votes of any thread .

Yes he is childish. Only a child would pretend that there are only 4 or 5 people in favor of solos on this forum when clearly the number is much greater and different people show support for solos every day

Message 15 of 26 (292 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@warslag wrote:

I’m not sure how you could say a game mode is not real content. I consider anything thats playable in game as real content, which means anything that is not cosmetic only. If it changes how the game plays then its real content

Honestly I’ve been through these arguments before and always made the stronger points in favor of solos but it doesnt seem to matter. If respawn pays attention to the forums they will already have seen that people who support solos have clearly won the logical/philosophical debate as to why solos should be in the game

And yet they still havent added it in. So thats why they need to remove subjectivity from the equation. Do a survey, to move this issue out into the playerbase and let the people decide which way to go on solos.

There really is no point debating solos on the forums anymore because those in favor have without a doubt made the better argument and yet its not in the game so a different course of action is required. Respawn will not listen to reason so maybe they will act on statistics and numbers instead

Actually, your survey would, in fact, be subjective. So if you're saying that "subjectivity" is a bad thing but you unintentionally add more subjectivity to your argument by doing a survey, then you are not only being even more subjective than before but you are also undermining your own arguments for solos. Which some could take to mean that you still don't have any good reasons for a solo mode in Apex compared to those who argue that it's an unnecessary mode. Thinking

Message 16 of 26 (280 Views)

★★ Pro

The main argument(s) I see in favor of solos is because of "bad teammates" or kill farming. And when it's not in the game in two months, Respawn is "ignoring feedback," "stupid," "lazy," etc etc. 

If that's how people expect to be treated by a dev, they're delusional. There's no solid argument against why their shouldn't be solos. If you want to play by yourself, play another game. Stop whining and trying to change the vision they had for this game. Play Fortnite, Blackout, PUBG, Overwatch, or whatever other shooter to get your fix. This is not the game for you right now. Simple as that. 

Message 17 of 26 (272 Views)

★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Actually, your survey would, in fact, be subjective. So if you're saying that "subjectivity" is a bad thing but you unintentionally add more subjectivity to your argument by doing a survey, then you are not only being even more subjective than before but you are also undermining your own arguments for solos. Which some could take to mean that you still don't have any good reasons for a solo mode in Apex compared to those who argue that it's an unnecessary mode. Thinking

Look ill give you some credit because this was a really good try on your part, and it seems like a good argument. Sadly you are wrong on this just as you are wrong about adding solos. Heres why. 

You are confusing people answering a yes or no question: “subjective” with the actual results of a survey: objective. Just because we are asking peoples opinion on a matter does not mean that the overall results are subjective

Numbers and votes are an objective measure, you simply count yes no yes no etc. There is no subjectivity in that. They will say for example ok 25% voted in favor of solos and 75% said no to solos. Tell me where is the subjectivity in those results? 

It is a simply a tally of numbers and numbers in a vote are objective it will be a fact that x number voted this way and y number voted this way there are no opinions in that process its simple data collection. So you count them up and look at the results of yes vs no which is an objective way of seeing how many people want to have solos in the game

By the way the fact that you are even against a simple survey being done proves to me that you are scared of the results since you clearly know they will most likely not be In your favor and the number who want solos is much larger than you care to admit.

If you are as confident in your position as i am in mine, then you should fully support my idea of a survey to definitively prove which side is right and which side is wrong on this issue. Unless like i said you’re scared of the results

Message 18 of 26 (268 Views)

Community Manager

@ShadoWawker wrote:
If respawn pays attention to the forums they will already have seen that people who support solos have clearly won the logical/philosophical debate as to why solos should be

We're paying attention and sending feedback to the development team every week.

@ShadoWawker wrote:

We appreciate your thoughts on adding a new game mode and it is indeed a weekly topic brought up in the forums. We're currently not aware of any plans at this moment of adding this though. If we hear anything, we'll let you know.

The team is focused on the stability of Apex Legends for Season 1 and if you want a full explanation on what their plans are going forward, their most recent Respawn Check-In can be found in the link below. If you revisit previous patch notes and updates from the team you'll notice a similar trend on what the team is attempting to knock out in upcoming updates/patches.

Latest Update from Respawn

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/An-Update-on-Apex-Legends-from-Respawn-04-25-19/m-p/7825...

Game Updates

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/bd-p/apex-legends-news-en

Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 26 (264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@jonesy0218 wrote:

The main argument(s) I see in favor of solos is because of "bad teammates" or kill farming. And when it's not in the game in two months, Respawn is "ignoring feedback," "stupid," "lazy," etc etc. 

If that's how people expect to be treated by a dev, they're delusional. There's no solid argument against why their shouldn't be solos. If you want to play by yourself, play another game. Stop whining and trying to change the vision they had for this game. Play Fortnite, Blackout, PUBG, Overwatch, or whatever other shooter to get your fix. This is not the game for you right now. Simple as that. 

Yea you’re right two months for a game mode that takes a few days tops to add in (and thats being very generous). If your argument is seriously that they haven’t had enough time to add solos into the game then im literally going to laugh at you

Now THATS delusional

Message 20 of 26 (258 Views)