Re: Do an in game survey on solo mode

by neillkorey

Original Post

Do an in game survey on solo mode

★★ Guide

Maybe the real reason respawn refuses to add in a solo mode is because they are not sure how many people want this mode in the game. 

Lets find out for sure. There is no objective way to decide this talking about it on the forums, respawn needs to collect actual data in order to definitively see what the results are objectively and convince them that people want solos

So the survey would be very simple. For the next week, on every single person’s first time logging in, a survey pops up that cannot be declined or dismissed. It does not show up again after being answered but will show up each time if you exit the game without answering. The only way to get to the next screen is to answer a simple yes or no question which takes 5-10 seconds: “Would you like a solos mode to be added into apex legends?”

This survey would only last a week because any player who is still active is probably going to play at least once in the next 7 days. It ensures that every person who logs in will have to answer the question and therefore it is the largest possible sample size you can get within that 7 day period

Out of X number of players (x being total number of votes) if 20% or more answer yes to that question then solos should absolutely be added into the game. 20% would equate to millions of people and i would be willing to bet that it will actually be much higher than 20%.

But 20% seems fair as a threshold and would mean that a sizeable amount of players would be in favor of this mode and play it upon release. So respawn if your concern is that people dont want this mode or you dont want to waste resources or whatever then get the data and lets find out for sure.

Because i know people want solos, many on this forum want solos, and doing a survey would definitively prove that a large number of currently active players want solos as well

Message 1 of 26 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I am 100 percent for this if you and the 4 other guys on this forum that want this promise never to bring it up again if it does not land in your favor

Message 2 of 26 (638 Views)

★★★★ Guide

But maybe Respawn doesn't want to add Solo's?

Message 3 of 26 (623 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Jimmahwd 

They have already stated they are not going to add it but there are 4 or 5 people on the forum that cannot accept it they for som reason think everyone agrees with them even though they have made over 50 plus threads about adding solo and only 4 or 5 people have agreed with them but for some reason that has not been enough proof they need more

Message 4 of 26 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Solo would be a good addition to the game, and here's my thoughts as to why.

Many times on bad teams players face up against a good team where you are fighting off 3 players alone, and if they are really good and you are not, chances are you're going to die.

In Solo mode, no more needing to fight off 3 people at once, now it's all just 1 on 1.

Having a Solo Match gives people a greater chance of fighting and winning the game, where there is no more team play of 3 against 1, or even 2 against 1.

Message 5 of 26 (581 Views)

★★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

I am 100 percent for this if you and the 4 other guys on this forum that want this promise never to bring it up again if it does not land in your favor

If you think only 5 guys want this then you are sadly mistaken. Just because someone may only ever make 1 post on the forum in favor of solos doesnt mean you can discount them. 

5 people may post about it a lot but to say only 5 are in favor of solos is 100% ludicrous. Do not confuse quantity with content. There have been many many people on here who show support for solos at some point, just because they may have only done so once or a few times does not mean you get to pretend they dont exist

Message 6 of 26 (568 Views)

★★ Guide

@Jimmahwd wrote:

But maybe Respawn doesn't want to add Solo's?

They clearly dont want to add solos otherwise it would already be in the game

Perhaps this survey would change their minds once they see how many people would actually want this in the game

Or if they dont even do the survey it means they are scared because they know the results would be in favor of solos and they dont want to look bad by not adding in something that so many people want

Message 7 of 26 (561 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
The problem with solo mode will be legend balance, that being said I'm still in favour of solo mode.
Message 8 of 26 (537 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Down4WattGamer wrote:
The problem with solo mode will be legend balance, that being said I'm still in favour of solo mode.

You've opened a can of worms now.

Some seem to think Legends won't need a re-balance for solo.

A straight swap over to solo, leave all the way it is.

Message 9 of 26 (524 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
You'll have to re-balance because not all legends perform the same in a 1v1. The problem with this is that it will mess up the feel for each legend when out of solo mode so I doubt this would happen.

Beyond that you'll just have the top tier legend only being used. Why do you see streamers using wraith a lot? Smaller hitbox and higher chance of surviving a gun fight. I'm okay with this anyhow.... I just want free for all action.... I'm sick of squads as randoms are horrid and I have to wait for my friends to get online.

Either way I think Apex was made as only a squad based game considering the ping system and synergy between different legends. Unless they make generic legends just for solo, not sure how this will all pan out if it happens.
Message 10 of 26 (516 Views)