Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Do You Want Anthem But Can't Afford It Right Now?

by Swiftless

Original Post

Do You Want Anthem But Can't Afford It Right Now?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm pretty excited about the upcoming release and I'm looking to spread that joy by gifting someone an LoD edition through Origin. If you're currently financially unable to purchase Anthem I'd like to help you out and give you a reason to be excited this February. Please don't abuse this looking for a free game when you know damn well you get paid on Friday, I want to help someone who genuinely needs it. 

EDIT: Prior to starting this I missed the stipulation on preorders not being able to be gifted. In light of this, I'll have to wait till Launch Day (Feb. 22) to send the game out.

EDIT 2@therealtjwilly was kind enough to offer to split the cost and partner up on this with me, so don't forget to give him a shoutout!

Message 1 of 53 (741 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't need a copy but this is awesome! if I could I would also help someone. It's a really nice thing to do I'm sure who ever you help will appreciate it. Keep up this Awesome attitude and great work freelancer

Message 2 of 53 (732 Views)

★★★ Guide

I could afford 15 this month so I got a premiere sub. I'm sure you'll find the right person. Standard smile

Message 3 of 53 (727 Views)

★★ Pro

@Swiftless wrote:

I'm pretty excited about the upcoming release and I'm looking to spread that joy by gifting someone an LoD edition through Origin. If you're currently financially unable to purchase Anthem I'd like to help you out and give you a reason to be excited this February. Please don't abuse this looking for a free game when you know damn well you get paid on Friday, I want to help someone who genuinely needs it. 

Generous of you, but how will you tell the truth from a good story. Not trying to be overly cynical but get ready for some whoppers.

Message 4 of 53 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@Swiftless wrote:

Generous of you, but how will you tell the truth from a good story. Not trying to be overly cynical but get ready for some whoppers.

Honestly, I'll let them live with knowing they took away someone's opportunity that really needed it. I can live with knowing I tried.

Message 5 of 53 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey mate,
I think its pretty damn awesome that you're doing this. I would say right now I cant afford it but that's due to me starting my own company.
Will I be able to afford it in 3 months time, I believe I wouldnt have a problem.

Current reasons to pick me:
*All my money is going into the business and I cant afford the game right now
*Havent paid myself money for 2 months and counting

Reasons not to pick me:
*Will have money I hope by the end of this month or next month
*I dont even know if I will have time to play the game considering how busy I am
*Probably someone more deserving of the game than me

Anyway, it would be awesome if you could consider me as a last option :D

Message 6 of 53 (702 Views)

★★★ Guide

@shaky010 wrote:
Hey mate,
I think its pretty damn awesome that you're doing this. I would say right now I cant afford it but that's due to me starting my own company.
Will I be able to afford it in 3 months time, I believe I wouldnt have a problem.

Current reasons to pick me:
*All my money is going into the business and I can afford the game right now
*Havent paid myself money for 2 months and counting

Reasons not to pick me:
*Will have money I hope by the end of this month or next month
*I dont even know if I will have time to play the game considering how busy I am
*Probably someone more deserving of the game than me

Anyway, it would be awesome if you could consider me as a last option :D

That’s awesome man, congrats on going out and trying to build something from the ground up!  I’ll probably leave this open for the night and try and find some way to decide tomorrow haha. 

Message 7 of 53 (687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Reason to pick me: Anthem + Anthem = I can fuse them and make Anthem 2

Reason not to pick me: I already have the game. (But that Anthem 2 tho)

Jokes aside, very nice of you!

Message 8 of 53 (676 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Swiftless I've been struggling to make ends meet the past few months and could still afford to pre order by cutting expenses elsewere (on not doing anything and food basically), but with job going shittily and my phone getting stolen last friday i had to put the money there cause i needed a new one for work so anthem got delayed indefinitely
i'm sure people will come up with way better and/or more embarassing stories though Nerd

Message 9 of 53 (654 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@AzKnc  From a very recent post you wrote in regards to your preorder it looks like you don’t intend on canceling it because of your situation.

The only reasons i'm not canceling are that a) i'm bored as * and want something new to play and b) it's a one time purchase that will give me at least 30-50 hours of value worst case scenario, after that if the game turns out to be * i'll just be able to wait and check it out again whenever they add new content that's supposed to be free.”

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-Confident-Are-You-Now-With-Your-Pre-Orders/m-p/7416...

Just want to make sure someone’s getting it that really is unable to manage it right now. 

Message 10 of 53 (644 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help