Re: Do Prime Gaming Origin keys eventually expire?

by Suryabrata5

Original Post

Do Prime Gaming Origin keys eventually expire?

★★★ Newbie

As part of Prime Day, Amazon Prime Gaming is giving away Origin Keys for Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I already have the game on Origin, so I plan to give this key away. That said, do these Origin keys from Prime ever expire after they're claimed? I know Origin keys generally don't have expiration dates, but are these keys from Amazon any different?

Message 1 of 3 (917 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @bsbloopa,

Generally games that are offered for free through Prime Gaming are automatically claimed and registered to your linked account rather than providing a separate key, though this is not always the case.

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to verify individual keys on a case-by-case basis to determine an expiration, though reaching out to Amazon support would be the best place for clarification on how their promotions will work regarding these keys, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes they do expire in about a month. I can relate the experience very well. One of my friend gave me an origin key of Star wars Squadrons few months ago from prime gaming. (He kept it aside for me.) I tried to activate it but it didn't. Also the key was not used by him. So yeah they do expire, also the expiration date is clearly mentioned on prime gaming redeem section.

Message 3 of 3 (805 Views)