Re: Do I have the worst luck in the world, or what?

by ThCakeIsALie

Original Post

Do I have the worst luck in the world, or what?

★★★ Guide

So initially I saw today's challenge and thought it looked rather interesting.  I got a Lima-Pleurodon out on turn 1, and a Moonbean out on turn 2 (thanks to the reducing cost every turn).  I also had several cards that let me draw more, so I figured after a few turns I'd be able to start churning out Magic Beanstalks.

Cut to turn 10, with me at 2 health to the AI's 16, and I still haven't drawn a single Magic Beanstalk all game.  By my calculation, there must have been 20-30 in my deck by that time, and not a single one showed up the entire game.

-----

Of course, after a couple more games, I realized that lowering the cost of already cheap cards doesn't really help the Plant deck at all, whereas being able to flood the field with Gargantuars on turn 4 is a huge boon to the Zombie AI.  Come on, EA!  Is it really that hard to have someone actually take a look at the challenges before shoving them out the door?

Message 1 of 10 (675 Views)

★★★ Guide

Finally figured it out!  The Lima-Pleurodons are just a distraction; the real key is Bananasaurus Rex. 

Message 2 of 10 (666 Views)

★★ Pro
That and getting rid of the gargologist. One game on turn five her and three frickin defensive ends. One game around same time and nurse garg, defensive end( with frenzy) and wannabe hero with like 6/16.
But no, you you're not the only one who is having not good luck
Message 3 of 10 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

The Magic Beans are a mystery.  I have had occasions where i played Sow Magic Beans, and instantly received one Magic Beanstalk, and! when played that Beanstalk, i drew another of them!!. But there are another situations, when i played Moonbean, played 3 Sow Magic Beans, and i had Lima-Pleurodon, and i never got any Beanstalk in the whole game... Disappointed Disappointed

Message 4 of 10 (640 Views)

★ Pro

I want to take this post to ask,  Lima-Pleurodon says Dino-Roar: Shuffle a Magic Beanstalk into your deck.

But the animation shows Lima-Pleurodon shuffling two card when i draw a card...

So, shuffle two cards? or just one? it seems as if they were originally 2, but they changed it, and forgot to change the animation

Message 5 of 10 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Probably the hardest challenge ever!

Message 6 of 10 (629 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree. I won trough Bananasaurus Rex too...

Message 7 of 10 (617 Views)

★ Apprentice

@jberkstruan wrote:

I agree. I won trough Bananasaurus Rex too...

I won with clique peas. Got 3 of them in the opening head. And another one after 2 rounds. :D

Message 8 of 10 (612 Views)

★★ Pro
I finally beat it and I think that I would have been screaming if I lost that particular game. Ended up winning by admirals...but it took all four. I had to deal with three separate planetary gladiators through the game also, and a couple defensive ends, but no nurse, and no frenzy which was the only way I won I think. But it was getting frustrating when I was about to go crazy, and then gladiators and def end making me have to do some serious juggling.
But finally got it.
And now today with these overstuffed zombies and just sick of seeing every answer to my deck in the cpus hand
Message 9 of 10 (594 Views)

★★ Guide

Prior to release it was 2, but I'm sure internal testing showed that was probably too OP.

Message 10 of 10 (587 Views)