Re: *Discussion* An Update on Apex Legends from Respawn - 04/25/19

by Imterriblehelpme

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

They said there will be more information about progress against cheating next week.

Cheaters

Message 31 of 42 (862 Views)

★ Novice

First of all i would like to say thank you for the insight into what your plans are as a team, however quite a few things you've said have me concerned for the future of what i personally think is an amazing game.

I really like that you said ,

"We are 100% committed to the long-term growth of Apex Legends, and supporting the millions playing every day."

However you went on to say,

"Getting a huge player base in a very short period means exploits, bugs, cheaters, and more come fast and frequently. We’ve had to react and direct resources to play whack-a-mole with lots of unexpected issues. Since launch, we’ve shipped a number of server and client patches that have addressed a range of issues."

Which just sounds like an excuse to me,

what game from a new team doesnt have problems with hackers and unexpected issues!

This could even happen to an experienced team, no one can predict how millions of players are going to interact with the game. 

I was going to go more in depth with alot of what you said but im typing on my phone and im on my break at work so i cant spend to long on my post.

The most important thing you said and the thing that is most concerning to me is where you said,

"We know that, in addition to addressing issues with the game, everyone is hungry for us to add new content. "

Yes your completely correct players are hungry for content as there has been a significant lack of any content.

"The studio culture that we’ve worked hard to cultivate, and the health of our team are very important."

Again your right the health of the team is very important but on the other hand it sounds like you bit off far more than you could chew.

Surely the player base of fortnite and pubg should of given you some insight into what you could expect even if you just made a conservative estimate based on there amount of players after all you couldn't expect to beat them at launch.

"Our long-term goal is to ensure Apex Legends always feels alive and thriving, with a focus on quality of content over novelty or speed of release. At the same time, we want to maintain our culture as a development team and avoid crunch that can quickly lead to burnout or worse."

This is my most biggest concern i agree quality over quantity is always best but with your current plans for rate of release,

unless something drastic happens i guarantee within 6 months apex wont feel alive and thriving but more like dead and dieing.

This can clearly be seen just by the amount of streaming views dropping down to 1/4 of what they were a month or so ago and im sure the player base had a similar reaction.

No one wants to see you guys burnout or worse after all you've made an amazing game thats fun to play so im not suggesting overworking yourselves but maybe hiring some more staff if you really cant handle the workload.

Keep up the good work! 

Sorry was abit of a * sandwich....

Message 32 of 42 (845 Views)

★ Guide

when you get out of grade school you might learn a little about Law.

Message 33 of 42 (833 Views)

★★ Guide

all i hear from Mr.Mcoy is blah blah blah blah blah blah!

ANYTHING ELSE?

Message 34 of 42 (814 Views)

★ Guide

in other words.... they have no soultion for it ... the code is reverse engineered so well they cant add EAC's better version? they cant add authen to accounts? they have said this since the launch of the game.... after day 5 when all the cracks came to light there response has been.. "we are doing alot of stuff behind the scenes and we dont want to let the hackers know what we are up to..... umm THERE READING AND REVERSE ENGINEERING YOUR INGAME CODE I dont think keeping your community updated once a week with WTF YOUR Doing is wrong at all either way that social media post shows your advocating for us and not leaving us hanging like THEY DID FOR 6 WEEKS!!!!! lolol they failed to act now look at the failed state of the game ... its sad we have made thousands of posts and got 3 lines of reply a ingame report function that is compeltly USELESS and nothing that has been truly changed oh yeah they took out 2 bullets from the wingman and spitty and then rebuffed the havoc nerfing the triple take lol

Message 35 of 42 (770 Views)

★★ Guide

Funny thing is they could remove it but a cheater could just re-inject it. They'll still know somebody's watching.

Message 36 of 42 (760 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Your top priorities should be as followed:

1. Update your terrible servers and fire the person who gave the go for them to begin with. 20-tick servers for a fast paced shooter? The game WILL die if this sticks, there's just no discussion to be had here.

2. Solo queue. Yes, you guys don't want it. No, you guys don't get to not want it. Welcome to the new world. A BR needs a solo queue.

4. Ranked mode, MMR, so on so forth. Playing for the sake of playing gets dull even for the most hardcore. Most need a goal.

3. Sound getting drown out. Just fix it while you fix these cheap * servers in the first place.

4. Cosmetics people give a damn about. I don't care personally, but you want money. Other than keeping a healthy playerbase by fixing the above, you need to add things that don't look like crap so people actually want to have it. That way that healthy playerbase gives you money. Then your shareholders - that only became shareholders because gaming companies get them a lot of money - get a lot of money so they keep their stupid * mouths shut and enjoy watching their money breed more money.

Probably something I missed but hey, these things are important. Last point only for you, though. You're welcome.

Message 37 of 42 (729 Views)

★★ Pro

Only the gaming community can take a response that they've been asking for and turn it into, "You didn't do or say enough. It needs to be done this way." 

Respawn, on behalf of every appreciative gamer across all platforms, THANK YOU for giving us the communication and transparency we were asking for. We understand this is a first step in the longevity of this game and we will not taint the forums with spoiled, ignorant, entitled, or negative comments! 

Sincerely,

A realistic gamer

Message 38 of 42 (652 Views)

★ Guide
Almost all developers are payed by Salary so they do not get overtime. The truth about Salaried employees is "The more yuou work the less you get paid". If you work 80 hours a week you hourly rate just got cut in half.
Message 39 of 42 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ClifraJones 

Stop making sense these people don’t understand nobody that has a life or friends want to work 80+ hrs a week even if you get paid overtime if you are on salary there is no way anyone would want to do it

sounda like respawn is the place to work if you are a game developer though they seem to care at least a little bit about there employees 

Message 40 of 42 (639 Views)