Re: *Discussion* An Update on Apex Legends from Respawn - 04/25/19

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I didn't buy the first battle pass because I thought the cosmetics (and other crap) were worthwhile. I bought it because Respawn made an experience that deserved a chip in. If the second season has nothing beside 1 legend and a 'meta change', then I'm not buying. Octane WAS the meta change of S1 and to be honest, he didn't really flip the gameplay on its head.

Maps or modes. Doesn't need to match the scope/quality of Kings Canyon. They can keep battle royale as the main mode while adding another mode. In all ways beside graphics its beginning to feel like a mobile/facebook game. One way to play. Sit through those impulse-inducing jingles as the XP bar rises and the Apex Packs open. I could easily move on because I know what I do and don't want in my games, but what I see is a sorely underutilised foundation for a potentially great shooter that I wish would get better.

We're closing in on the 3 month mark. The next time you make a last second announcement (such as the games release, the HAVOC release and every detail regarding Season 1), I'll just think that you're taking the p*** out of your customers. It was cute at first but the "you will know when we know" motto is wearing thin. I don't believe that these industry veterans are really as disorganised as they're coming across.

Message 21 of 42 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@IGuruDevI 

its funny that we, instead of asking the devs to remove cheaters, are actually asking them to remove the tool to spectate cheaters:D

Message 22 of 42 (580 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

......snip....

This is what me and many others were talking about.

Some communcation that atleast shows us that you guys actually care about the game and it´s future (can´t wait for the more detailed version on some topics soon).

Previously the communication was just lacking... best example was reddit where there was only every 4-7 days a post or the news section here on the forums, only posts every 1-2 weeks which lead to us just plain ignoring that section of the forum entirely since there was nothing to find at all.

For the future you guys should maybe do some community events too like for example a fanart contests (create a weapon skin and the winner gets implemented into the game or create a banner or loading screens <- just an example). With such things there can be some positivity inside these forums and the community had something new and fresh to talk about instead of all the negativity which is all over the place.

Message 23 of 42 (575 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Thanks for the update @EA_Blueberry 

You lol at some of the replies. People wanted communication, they get it but immediately jump down the OPs throat.

If you're not careful, they just wont bother in future, then you'll be back to crying about no communication.

Some of you are more of a joke than you claim this game to be.

Message 24 of 42 (567 Views)

Community Manager

@MjNaise wrote:

For the future you guys should maybe do some community events too like for example a fanart contests (create a weapon skin and the winner gets implemented into the game or create a banner or loading screens <- just an example). With such things there can be some positivity inside these forums and the community had something new and fresh to talk about instead of all the negativity which is all over the place.

We do have the Creators' Corner where members of the community have been sharing their highlight clips, fan art, and Legend submissions. That's great feedback though.

Everyone likes to walk into the office to see positive feedback (especially before the weekend, am I right?), but negative feedback always highlights areas of the game on where we can improve upon. It helps the game get better and we want players to be honest about it, but also constructive. It's necessary. We know a lot of it stems from passion for this game which keeps all of us motivated over here. Thanks for being being vocal, really, we love it.

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 42 (523 Views)

★ Apprentice

Too late, hackers did it better.

Message 26 of 42 (516 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry  thanks for the update.

A lot of people always talking about the negative things in the game, while not being very constructive which doesn't exactly help anyone.

Others complaining about the Battle Pass, saying the content wasn't worth it but aren't you able to preview the content before purchasing the said Battle Pass? 

IDK but i enjoy playing this game and i believe it could become better than it currently is so I'm gonna stay here and keep giving my support to EA/Respawn while they develop Apex Legends more. Free-to-play game that just needs some time to fix some issues so nobody should be complaining. I want to hopefully see Apex thrive in the future so EA/Respawn, you have my support. :eahigh_file:

Message 27 of 42 (508 Views)

★ Guide

@aryan19821 wrote:

@IGuruDevI 

its funny that we, instead of asking the devs to remove cheaters, are actually asking them to remove the tool to spectate cheaters:D

what? why you understood it in different point. i said remove spectating view eye from HUD? @aryan19821  do you get it ? what i said. it means just remove view eye which tell to playerthat someone is watching you. i did not ask to remove whole spactate option. like in PUBG, we know how many player are watching while in spactate mode but other side of player do not know about it. i think you have got my point.

Message 28 of 42 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Blueberry, Apex Legends has become my favorite game to play in years, the best BR to date in my opinion.

However I am losing the will to play wi3th the addition of a solo and duo mode. I've seen tree stumps that play better than the randoms I'm matched with, my friends and I don't always have the same gaming schedule and LFG is full of playstyles that do not match mine.

As friendly as I can put it, this game needs Solo/Duos, especially if the talk of competitive and ranked play is in the air.

I know it's not the same, but I've gone back to a couple other BRs I won't name just for their solo modes. I would rather spend 100% of my time on Apex though.

Please, there are millions wanting this mode.

Message 29 of 42 (487 Views)

★ Guide

no update for cheaters... you say.... you dont want them to see it coming because you can do nothing to address the issue PERIOD.... no minor updates you said only major ones.... 3 months 1 major content update 2 minors involing adding the havoc then nerfing the triple take and wing man /spitty by removing 2 bullets and 2 points on the dps charts..LOL @ that one... then rebuffing the HAVOC? no server adjustments... and the update to PF's Hitbox that actually made the hit reg even worse LOL well done... then you stay silent and left us hanging for right at the 6 week mark and then post a update of everything you said from the previous one ... so you have fixed nothing are hiding because you think if the game dies down so will the hackers then you can address other issues... yeah its dead you failed to act fast enough you launched this game on the back of huge streamers and expected no one to play? well dont worry there not now! lol GJ..... 

P.S When your ENTIRE {PC} COMMUNITY is coming to the forums to post the issue with hackers in the game over and over post after post countless times... that DEMANDS A UPDATE AND FOR YOU TO SAY SOMETHING! 

Message 30 of 42 (480 Views)