Re: *Discussion* An Update on Apex Legends from Respawn - 04/25/19

by neillkorey

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

How about you discuss the absolute failure that anticheat is?  How about you friggin admit that your game is wrecked by wallhack etc... How about you start refunding our money before a class action lawsuit is filed for failing to secure a 3 year old engine that was already known to be exploit friendly.  

[edited to remove allcaps]

Message 11 of 42 (1,377 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BurnYaBad 

How much of a Financial Investment have you put into this game? Also what development have you contributed?

Message 12 of 42 (1,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have spent 140 usd on this game. I have disposable income and can afford to do so, I cannot afford to spend money on an abject failure of cheat protection that this game has become.

Message 13 of 42 (1,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Well I'm not trying to be rude, but going off with the CAPS isn't going to help, so you need to chill.

It's great that you've made an investment, I feel the pain, because I would like to spend money buying some goodies, but I made it clear to EA that I wasn't comfortable doing so, unless the cheaing issues started to resolve themselves, which seems to be what you're also concerned over.

I don't know your Technology background, but as a Geek myself I can tell you for a fact that EA/Respawn does need the support of a Community, that is why this forum exists.

Spending money is great, but you also should be making Bug Reports on any issues you find too.

All anyone can say, is if the people we deal with in life have good intentions are fair and genuine, then for what you contribute, hopefully in time you will reap the rewards!

Now with all this said, since the cheating seems to be your main objective here, I guess all we can say to ourselves is; What can we do?

Well I have chatted on the issue, made suggestions like everyone else, are our hands tied, or can we do more? hmm

Personally I hope EA and all the Gaming Developers out there will start to realize that at some point, I truly believe this is going to have to become a matter of "Legality", that when Law is in effect and people are tried in Courts of Law around the world, sued, fined, arrested, jailed, then maybe this Cheating will start to really see a reduction.

I read that this is what the Fortnite developers did, went after cheaters in a Court of Law.

PEACE

Message 14 of 42 (1,363 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I was really hoping for new maps but I guess I am of with this map being altered 

Message 15 of 42 (1,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

More since?  Whatever small number of players you managed to convince to start playing after the first month were completely dwarfed by the mass exodus of players who quit playing after the first month, that's why you stopped talking about the number of players until now.  Apex was a good meme for about a month and now Fortnight is back on top like nothing ever happened.  Work on getting players back in the game, that is the only thing you should be focused on.

Message 16 of 42 (1,318 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BurnYaBad wrote:

HOW ABOUT YOU DISCUSS THE ABSOLUTE FAILURE THAT ANTICHEAT IS?  HOW ABOUT YOU FRIGGIN ADMIT THAT YOUR GAME IS WRECKED BY WALLHACK ETC... HOW ABOUT YOU START REFUNDING OUR MONEY BEFORE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS FILED FOR FAILING TO SECURE A 3 YEAR OLD ENGINE THAT WAS ALREADY KNOWN TO BE EXPLOIT FRIENDLY.  

Class Action Lawsuit for a FTP game?

Just when I thought I'd heard it all.

You spent your money by choice.

Cut your loses and stop playing .

Or wait and hope for a better anti cheat.

But seriously a Lawsuit post come on now.

Message 17 of 42 (1,294 Views)

★★ Guide

For complete transparency, our goal isn't, and never has been, to patch or update content on a weekly basis. We believe strongly in the importance of large, meaningful changes to the game that have lasting impact, thus our focus on a seasonal release cadence we laid out at launch. 

This is a Battle Royale game, not a single player story driven game.  The BR needs more content more often.  The season pass is a joke. You are currently * up Apex Legends. 

Message 18 of 42 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm surprised, if you had read any other gaming forums over the years legal action pops up quite regularly.

Your average murder/arson doesn't get solved because police numbers around the world are so stretched, yet there are people that think that the legal system is going to kick in - in differing global jurisdictions - to eliminate a spotty teenager using a wallhack in a video game in his bedroom/mother's basement.

Maybe if Al Capone had been alive today the FBI would have taken him down for using an aimbot in Fortnite?

Anyway, I can understand the disappointment felt by the playerbase about this game, I haven't played for two weeks now and have no desire to again, but I also have no desire to contact a no win no fee lawyer either.

Message 19 of 42 (1,253 Views)

★ Guide

plz, remove spectating view eye from hud in next update because i want to catch smart cheaters and report them with video proof. smart cheaters disable their hacks when they know someone is watching them. i just wanna to record them without they know someone is watching him. REMOVE IT . IT JUST USEFUL FOR CHEATERS

Message 20 of 42 (1,248 Views)