Re: Disappointed at how the game is presented to the players

by CJackson5083

Original Post

★ Guide
@Schattenpflanze
either your have impeccable decision making, or you've had an adversity free life if spending $40 on a game is one of the worst decisions in your life...

Standard smile
Message 11 of 28 (856 Views)

★★ Guide
@GabeTheGoof It might also have equally as disturbing implications if someone said spending $40 on a game was the BEST decision they've ever made.

Either way, let's hope someone is being over dramatic.
Message 12 of 28 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DarkLanXI agree completely. This game feels like a Beta, we paid for an unfinished version lacking on every aspect in comparison with GW2, and full of bugs. This isn't worth 30 dollars.

One year ago we had information about these jobs positions and rumors about a shooter game on the pvz franchise. One year is all the development this game has had. Pathetic. 

Message 13 of 28 (827 Views)

★ Guide
@arit0824 I agree with some of your arguments. However my focus is mainly not about balancing. But more on the bugs and transparency of the game. As you said, they are trying to fix the game. My argument is that many of the bugs and bad gameplay (ops) should've been known during the production time. No matter how hard they are trying to fix it right now, still cannot cover the fact that they release the game even though they did not play test enough and haven't fix the bugs.
Message 14 of 28 (799 Views)

★ Guide

For people who thinks that we already got a 10$ off so it might be okay to have all these glitches as long as they fix it.

I don't think that's how it works. Many games has a discount for pre-order, you cannot simply become tolerant simply because you got a discount.

Also the BfN website specifically pointed out itself that the founder edition "is not a beta". If they really want to work with us and fix the bugs, they should've just perform an official beta test and work more closely with us. And 6 weeks is way to short for the amount of problem this game currently has. I really hope next time they can do testing in a correct way.

(And the attitude problem I mentioned before is like the case here, if it's a beta, just be honest with us, thank you.)

Message 15 of 28 (798 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ive been putting a lot of time into this game the last couple of weeks and i have to say that i feel utterly ripped off. This isnt a founders edition, its a paid beta with some BS cosmetic bonuses with the benefit of carrying over the xp you earned by 1 shotting entire teams as night cap. Ive never, never, paid to beta test a game until now. There are a mountain of bugs and glitches, some of which provide a competitive advantage and some that are outright frustrating (team swap glitch, everyone is doing it now)  and some make certain characters not worth playing (snapdragon cannot finish many players with his primary weapon, they simply go immune to fire at 1 health). I watched the stream about the character balance patch and they didnt even mention some of the gamebreaking bugs that need to be fixed.

The ops mode was a complete let down. So far the only part of this game i have enjoyed was the town center and weirding woods pve areas, kudos on that, but it didnt last long.

I think ill let this game sit in the library for a while and maybe come back to it in several months if the bugs get worked out. Ill definately think twice about giving money to EA or popcap in the future. Will likely stick with companies that are at least more responsive to their consumer base. "We hear you" (radio silence x1000) isnt cutting it now days.

Youd think with all the paid beta money they could afford better community representation but I guess greed is a factor as well (considering they will be monetizing some in game currencies -not coins allegedly- but we will see.)

Message 16 of 28 (784 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@PuffinStuff88 Agreed. A lot of people are being too kind and understanding.
Message 17 of 28 (767 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CJackson5083 wrote:
@PuffinStuff88Agreed. A lot of people are being too kind and understanding.

"We’ll be polishing as you play to ensure the PvZ: Battle for Neighborville experience is the best it can be for launch and beyond."

Source (is the PURCHASE LINK) https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-battle-for-neighborville/news/wel...:

I think our biggest benefit (as "founding members") is the rollover of progress at launch.  Before anyone purchased the game, it was noted the game was in need of polishing and that would occur during the Founders' period... sooooo?  Why not be kind and understanding (at least until launch)?

Message 18 of 28 (752 Views)

★ Guide
@newbebop Also true! Standard smile
Message 19 of 28 (743 Views)

★ Guide

"I think ill let this game sit in the library for a while and maybe come back to it in several months if the bugs get worked out."

We did this for GW2, which didnt come with splitscreen multiplayer when it launched.

But when we heard it had split screen on the latest update, we went back and never stopped playing.

Maybe it'll be the same with this one.

But I will say that since the latest update the game appears to play better on mutiplayer splitscreen now. The first two weeks it was very stuttery and janky.

Message 20 of 28 (739 Views)