Re: Disable punching in buy phase

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Disable punching in buy phase

★★ Pro

I am tired of these noob teammates continuously punching for 20 sec. One punch is fine, now move along. Something about the continuous punching is triggering, it's either the sound or knockback effect or both. 🤬

Message 1 of 19 (384 Views)

★ Expert

I don't like melee at all, but I got used to it with Arenas. If it's annoying I just go and crouch in a corner, or run backwards and forwards.

If you time it right you can punch someone just as the clock gets to zero meaning they get a head start to materials or a loot bin.

Message 2 of 19 (367 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ILostT0Loba No one has punched me before in arenas or it's that I just buy the guns I need immediately. Do you go out of the store if they punch you?
Message 3 of 19 (365 Views)

★ Expert
@Cheese9Man Really? You've never been punched in Arenas? How many games have you played ... two or three?

The punching has zero effect, but it can get annoying. It also usually means the puncher is going to play the "who gets the best loot is the winner game" and get to the loot bin (or go to the loot bin before materials) first and grab all that it contains.
Message 4 of 19 (356 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EdwardDLuffy Played around 20 games of arenas this week just to finish the event tracker. Haven't been punched once. Maybe Japanese people just more polite? IDK. xD
Message 5 of 19 (354 Views)

★ Expert
@Cheese9Man Yes, that probably explains it. I guess Japanese people would ask, very politely, if they could punch you before doing so. Over here on the London servers it's punch-a-rama practically before every round.
Message 6 of 19 (347 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ILostT0LobaI think an easy solution to this problem, would just be disabling the melee audio during the Buy Phase.

I’m tired of getting punched by teammates while i’m trying to choose my scopes. It’s caused me, many times, to have selected the incorrect scope or buy the wrong item/gun….

Message 7 of 19 (334 Views)

Champion

@ILostT0Loba 

I agree with you.

There is no point to doing that (going to rush? Hmm...).

By the way, I did that only for moving the AFK teammate into the ring. Sick

Message 8 of 19 (323 Views)

★★ Pro
@EdwardDLuffy @Cheese9Man It mostly happens when I am in buy menu and can't do anything. And that noise is seriously annoying.

They get a headstart? No they don't, let me pull out my long, thick grapple. I usually throw the game depending on my mood. Keep punching losers! Standard smile
Message 9 of 19 (308 Views)

Champion

Weird, I see more people aimlessly walljumping while they wait than punching. *shrugs*

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 19 (297 Views)