Re: Directional audio

by Silz616

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@WingmannedbroI would never spend that much on headphones and I don't buy "gaming" headsets either. And yet again I suffer no sound issues playing BFV or need to use a "workaround. Imagine that

Message 11 of 21 (729 Views)

★★★ Expert

@GRiPSViGiL wrote:

@WingmannedbroI would never spend that much on headphones and I don't buy "gaming" headsets either. And yet again I suffer no sound issues playing BFV or need to use a "workaround. Imagine that

Then your headphones are not nearly as good as you thought they were. Studio headphones are not sold anywhere under $350,- 

Message 12 of 21 (701 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro This issue has nothing to do with headphones. Besides Studio monitor headphones come in all kinds of price ranges. Doesn't even matter anyway. If the game is having sound issues it ain't my fault.

Been playing MW and there are no sound issues in the Beta.

Not even sure what you are arguing at this point since it makes no sense to the issue.
Message 13 of 21 (691 Views)

★★★ Expert

@GRiPSViGiL 

Dude, Blueberry literally explained what the cause of this is in this post.

And sorry but no, you cannot expect to use any hardware, even very bad stuff, and expect that to work flawlessly with a game. That's just not reasonable.

You can't complain your screen resolution isn't HD when you're using a 1999 CRT monitor.

If your headphones are bad, your headphones are bad.

Message 14 of 21 (681 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro Yeah, they are trying to pass the buck as a windows problem and AGAIN I have no sound issues in other games. It it is just one of the many issues with THIS game. Funny I don't need a workaround for OTHER games. I am not going out of my way to tinker with things that in the past haven't worked with this one and again are symptoms I don;t see in OTHER games.

My headphones are fine. Sony MDR Headphones do fine for gaming and always have the directional sound I am used. They are not high end but gaming doesn't require audiofile headphones.

I just won't be playing this broken game. No big deal. Most people I played with are off on other games anyhow.
APEX as usual has issues. All good.
Message 15 of 21 (673 Views)

★★★ Expert

People complained their ears off about the sound before they introduced multichannel output, they add in more advanced audio to abate these problems, and more whining because not everybody's output hardware supports it.

Talk about OTHER games all you want, doesn't change a thing.

This is one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations.

Message 16 of 21 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Wingmannedbro  i hear you man, but you gotta admit that the  in game audio isn't as clear as other BR's. 

Yes better headsets will help if you're willing to spend the extra cash on them...but i could play PUBG on the same standard of headset i'm using now and still distinguish player locations by footstep with relative ease. Hell i've been playing the COD beta this weekend and even on that i was able to clearly pinpoint enemies by footstep.

On apex its just a blur of hundred different sounds. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 21 (642 Views)

★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@Wingmannedbro  i hear you man, but you gotta admit that the  in game audio isn't as clear as other BR's. 

Yes better headsets will help if you're willing to spend the extra cash on them...but i could play PUBG on the same standard of headset i'm using now and still distinguish player locations by footstep with relative ease. Hell i've been playing the COD beta this weekend and even on that i was able to clearly pinpoint enemies by footstep.

I'm not having issue at all tbh.

It's not hard to tell where they are, if it's in your left ear, turn left untill you get stereo, jobs done.

Message 18 of 21 (625 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

I'm not having issue at all tbh.

It's not hard to tell where they are, if it's in your left ear, turn left untill you get stereo, jobs done.

But you're playing on PS4, aren't you? It could be different there... I'm on PC and find it difficult to locate enemies too, mostly for above/below sounds.

Message 19 of 21 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Fr3dY2  I'm on PS4 with Astro 40s using optical out and I've had these footstep audio issues in the past.

Not played for a while now but been hammering the MW beta and the directional sound in that game is great (although they do still have an audio issue with enemy footsteps volume, but they are aware and working on it). Direction is bang on.

Message 20 of 21 (590 Views)