Re: Direct team swap is terrible

by jnicol1975

Original Post

★★★ Expert
@jnicol1975 I can't remember being auto switched to teams in GW1 but last time I played it was a long time ago.
If players in BfN switch teams just to farm xp I am fine with it as long everybody benefits from even teams.
Message 21 of 39 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ippig Yes, some good ideas there! I do just wish it wasn't an issue in the first place, though.
@jnicol1975 I'd get auto-switched a lot too, especially when mid-ranked. It was always annoying when you were with a friend & you'd been on the same team to start with then got mixed up, even though the size of the lobby hadn't changed!
@spIash_damage Yes. I often switch to the outnumbered team as well, particularly if they're on the attack.
When it gets really silly, is when you move to help, then half your original team starts switching because you did & suddenly the other team's at a disadvantage! 😂
Message 22 of 39 (522 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Switching to the larger team should never be possible. Honestly the only time I feel team switching is ok is when the match starts, but before it gets going, and if one side is much smaller than the other due to people leaving and you switch to the smaller one to help balance it.

This is one thing I thought for sure they'd do a better job on in BfN after how bad it gets in both GW games at times.

Message 23 of 39 (493 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8 wrote:

Switching to the larger team should never be possible. Honestly the only time I feel team switching is ok is when the match starts, but before it gets going, and if one side is much smaller than the other due to people leaving and you switch to the smaller one to help balance it.

This is one thing I thought for sure they'd do a better job on in BfN after how bad it gets in both GW games at times.

If this isn’t addressed, I’ll only play Battle Arena (or any mode that team swap can’t hinder).

It’s a shame but I’m done trying to find fun lobbies.

Message 24 of 39 (478 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@spIash_damage I'm wondering how much of it is the challenges messing things up. It's been SO much worse the last few days, even worse than in the other games. I love turf but have ended up staying in PvE or Ops as much as I possibly can, because I'm just not enjoying it atm.
Message 25 of 39 (465 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ToastedSarnie wrote:
@spIash_damageI'm wondering how much of it is the challenges messing things up. It's been SO much worse the last few days, even worse than in the other games. I love turf but have ended up staying in PvE or Ops as much as I possibly can, because I'm just not enjoying it atm.

I’m directly referencing uneven teams and especially the team swap glitch.

Uneven teams are something I battled almost 2 years and it’s no fun anymore.

Message 26 of 39 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ToastedSarnie wrote:
@spIash_damageI'm wondering how much of it is the challenges messing things up. It's been SO much worse the last few days, even worse than in the other games.

There is another thread where people are asking for switching teams to be made easier, for precisely this reason. They need to be a zombie/plant to complete a daily challenge, and will switch teams so they can complete the challenge faster.

Personally I haven’t found uneven teams to be a problem in BFN yet. There is usually at least one full TT match going on Xbox Australia servers, so empty spots get filled up quickly. Not sure about other modes, since TT is mainly what I play.

Message 27 of 39 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@spIash_damageNo, I understand that - been there, done that, it's not fun ☹

ADDED: @jnicol1975   Maybe I should try hopping onto the Australian server!! 😂

Message 28 of 39 (429 Views)

★ Guide
@jnicol1975 finding a playable match is already difficult on PC, especially on Asia server. About the daily challenges, I think the problem is not on the team switch, it's the challenges that are poorly designed.
Message 29 of 39 (396 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarkLanX Team switch has always been a problem, but I think you're right that the challenges (& people's frustration) are making things worse atm.
Maybe there should be a daily challenge of staying on your allocated team for 3 matches in a row!!! 🤣
Message 30 of 39 (389 Views)